Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: CBR750 not connecting to internet

Kathleenmaura
Aspirant

CBR750 not connecting to internet

I am having the EXACT same issue, exact same error message, Have reset, updated, everything suggested (internet provider recognizes unit).

What resolution paths are available?

Message 1 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

Are you able to access the CBRs web page? If so, Please post a copy and paste of the modems Connection Status and Events Log pages.

Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. Be sure the ISP provisions the modem correctly.
Be sure there are no coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem. 
Be sure to power OFF the modem for 1 minute then back ON.
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/General-info-and-Troubleshooting-for-Cable-Mod...
https://kb.netgear.com/24311/Power-level-guidelines-for-a-NETGEAR-cable-modem-router?article=24311
https://www.duckware.com/tech/solving-intermittent-cable-modem-issues.html

Message 2 of 11
Kathleenmaura
Aspirant

Thanks, but I have seen your post before:

No, can get into the CBR site, but we have reset the cable modem to factory reset, followed all instructions to connect to Xfinity, Xfinity says they recognize the device, then go back to orbi and get the error. Have retried about 10 times today. Waste of $600....

Could not retrieve all the headers

Tinyproxy was unable to retrieve and process headers from the remote web server.

Generated by tinyproxy version 1.11.0-rc1.

Message 3 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

With the ISP coax cable disconnected from the CBR, press the reset button for 10 seconds then release. Have one wired PC connected to the back of the CBR. See if you can access the CBR after about 1 minute at 192.168.100.1 in a web browser. 

If you can't get to the CBRs web page, I recommend you open up a support ticket:

https://my.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

@Blanca_O @KevinLiT 

@Kathleenmaura wrote:

No, can get into the CBR site, but we have reset the cable modem to factory reset, followed all instructions to connect to Xfinity, Xfinity says they recognize the device, then go back to orbi and get the error. Have retried about 10 times today. Waste of $600....

Message 4 of 11
Kathleenmaura
Aspirant

I can connect my pc to the ip address and it brings me to this screen below. I can then go through the setup process (same exact steps as on the netgear phone app) - it allows me to set up a new admin password, security questions, set up the network name and password, and then I an get into the orbi app, firmware V4.6.6.8_2.0.54. /but then when asked to connect to the network, get the same header error that I sent previously

netgear.JPG

Message 5 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

You don't need to use Orbi app after you factory reset. Use a wired PC and web browser to walk thru the setup wizard. If you see a question are you connected to the network, just select I'm connected to the network. Skip any FW update checking and registration. Should get you to the home screen of the CBR.

Message 6 of 11
Kathleenmaura
Aspirant

Yes, I just mentioned the phone app because the IP address takes me to the screen CBR screen, same as the direct pc connection you suggested below. Yes, the direct pc connection brings me to the CBR site. Then what? If you are sayiing walk throught he set up wizard, that is exactly what i did - it took me through everything I mentioned before - set up new admin password, security questions, set up network name and password, set up complete! Network shows on my wireless network options, click on network, add password, get the error cannot connect to network. 

Message 7 of 11
Kathleenmaura
Aspirant

And yes, I do get to the home screen of the CBR, shows all the options, but in bright red letters - NOT CONNECTED

Message 8 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok, now connect the CBR to the ISP coax line. 

After that it should eventually see CONNECTED. 

Also can you post a capture of the Events Log and Cable Connection Status pages as well? 

Message 9 of 11
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi Kathleenmaura, 

We would like to further investigate the issue. I will PM you requesting for more information.

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 10 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

@Kathleenmaura wrote:

And yes, I do get to the home screen of the CBR, shows all the options, but in bright red letters - NOT CONNECTED

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7