Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CBR750 not connecting to the internet

España
Aspirant

CBR750 not connecting to the internet

The internet provider was doing some service on the main line and connection was lost for most of the day.  When internet service resumed the Orbi would not connect to the internet.  Xfinity claims that the service was restored and everything is working on their end.  I had the same problem at home and can’t remember exactly how I fixed it.  It was a very simple fix after hours of trying to figure it out.  It had something to do with redoing something but unfortunately I can’t remember because it’s been a long time since I last got it working.  Can anyone help?

Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: CBR750 not connecting to the internet

1. what modem/gateway is it connected to? 

2. did you power off the modem/gateway and the router for a couple minutes, disconnect everything from both (even coax from modem), power the gateway back on after reconnecting the coax, wait 2 minutes, connect the modem back to router, then power it on? 

Message 2 of 6
España
Aspirant

This is the router/modem combo. I’m trying to help out my parents.  They’re in Florida and I’m not.  I believe he said that he had the power off,  tried resetting it from the back and still nothing.

I remembered on mine that I had to hard connect to the orbi with my laptop and then go to orbilogin.net.  I just can’t remember what I did afterwards.  We both have the same system.

Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

Are they able to access it through a hardwired connection? 

Is it a new unit? (if so, there's 90 days of free support through netgear)

Is the ISP able to ping it? If so, they can always send a reboot signal to it

Message 4 of 6
España
Aspirant

No it’s a over a year old.  I told him to try and hardwire it but I haven’t heard back from them.  I’ll call them in the morning to find out their progress.  I remember on mine that I had to use my mobile hotspot to get my laptop to work and then hardwire it to the orbi to do something to get it to work. 

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

What do the front leds indicate?

Please post a copy and paste of the modems connection status page.
Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. Be sure the ISP provisions the modem correctly.
Be sure there are no coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem. 
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/General-info-and-Troubleshooting-for-Cable-Mod...
https://kb.netgear.com/24311/Power-level-guidelines-for-a-NETGEAR-cable-modem-router?article=24311
https://www.duckware.com/tech/solving-intermittent-cable-modem-issues.html

@España wrote:

This is the router/modem combo. I’m trying to help out my parents.  They’re in Florida and I’m not.  I believe he said that he had the power off,  tried resetting it from the back and still nothing.

I remembered on mine that I had to hard connect to the orbi with my laptop and then go to orbilogin.net.  I just can’t remember what I did afterwards.  We both have the same system.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7