Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CP1025nw Printer will not connect to WiFi

BuckyFan53066
Aspirant

CP1025nw Printer will not connect to WiFi

AX6000 (RBK852) DOES NOT APPEAR AS A VALID MODEL IN THE DROP-DOWN LIST!

Recently replaced my old RBR50/RBS50 with an AX6000 (RBK852). My HP CP1025nw printer always maintained a rock solid connection to the old WiFi network but I am unable to get the printer to connect to the new network. This printer can only be configured using the HP utility (no display on printer) and the configuration fails at the point the printer attempts to authenticate to the WiFi network. The odd part is that even though the printer doesn't see it as connected, the admin page on orbilogin.net shows it as an attached device to the 2.4Ghz network (same frequency network the printer attached to on the RBR50). Wireless security is WPA2-PSK [AES], same for both old and new networks.

Troubleshooting steps attempted thus far:

Disabled AX on 2.4Ghz (NG Tech Support recommendation)

Changed 2.4Ghz channel to 9 from Auto (NG Tech Support recommendation)

Changed 5Ghz channel to 44 from 48 (NG Tech Support recommendation)

Reserved an IP address for the printer (NG Tech Support recommendation)

Disabled WMM (Wi-Fi multimedia) settings (2.4GHz b/g/n/ax) (NG Tech Support recommendation)

I'm struggling to think that I need to replace this printer when it connected flawlessly to the old Orbi Mesh Network. Lil help here?

Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: CP1025nw Printer will not connect to WiFi

You'll need to contact the pritners mfr for additional help and support and information regarding there product. 

Message 2 of 8
BuckyFan53066
Aspirant

Thanks, but no. I didn't need to contact HP to do the setup when I connected to the RBR50 a few years ago, no reason I should need them now.

printer's, not "pritner's"

their, not "there"

Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Try disabling AX mode on 2.4ghz on the RBR under Basic tab/Wireless settings

Try setting CTS frm 64 to 2347 Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Should any of this still fail, you'll need to contact the mfr for additional help and support for there product. 

Good Luck. 

Message 4 of 8
Mikey94025
Hero

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Try setting CTS frm 64 to 2347 Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Agree, I would set CTS/RTS Threshold to 2347 for both bands.  If it works then also undo the other support recommendations (i.e., turn WMM back on).

Message 5 of 8
BuckyFan53066
Aspirant

Made change to CTS/RTS and was able to establish connection! Did 'undo' on other NG support recommendations and WiFi connection to printer was lost. "Undid the undo" and put all settings back to NG recommendations (above) and left CTS/RTS at 2347 (which had just previously worked) and connection will not re-establish. Pretty much ready to give up at this point.

Message 6 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Tyr a reboot of the RBR and printer with the CTS value at 2347 and try again. 

Connect the printer to the RBR or RBS via LAN cable. 

Message 7 of 8
schumaku
Guru

@BuckyFan53066 wrote:

Thanks, but no. I didn't need to contact HP to do the setup when I connected to the RBR50 a few years ago, no reason I should need them now.

That's a reality-ignorant approach. Many wireless clients, embedded and generic computer systems had and some still have issues when it comes to associate with Mesh and/or WiFi 6 systems. Even the very popular Intel clients had many - from unable to "see" wht SSID on air to various connectivity and reliability issues. A good start is to consult the HP downloads for your printer, and update the printer firmware.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7