Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can RBR750 act as satellite?

ayumi
Follower

Can RBR750 act as satellite?

I think I know the answer to this question but I will ask since we were told that it would work.

I already own one router and one satellite (RBK752). A buddy of mine wanted to buy the same setup but needed a third unit. The shop only sold 2 packs so he bought one for himself and another for us to split. He got the RBS and I got the RBR. I instructed him to ask the shop to confirm there could be two RBR + one RBS in the same network, meaning the RBS must be able to act as satellite. He did confirm this was possible so my buddy was satisfied.

In the mean time I did some forum searching and the comments I found clearly says that RBR can not act as RBS. I have not tried the setup yet but I believe what I have read and do not think I need to bother.

Can someone confirm that it is impossible to make a RBR act as RBS?

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Can RBR750 act as satellite?

It can't act as a satellite. 

You can connect it hardwired in and run it in access point mode but it won't integrate with the rest of the devices. Make sure to have its own ssid and on its own channels to prevent interference. 

Message 2 of 4
ekhalil
Master

@plemans wrote:

It can't act as a satellite. 

You can connect it hardwired in and run it in access point mode but it won't integrate with the rest of the devices. Make sure to have its own ssid and on its own channels to prevent interference. 

Agree, but I think it should be ok to have the same SSID but on different radio channels.

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

You can use the same ssid. 

I just find roaming a bit less efficient when ran that route. 

but it will work. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7