Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot connect Orbi with internet

Gonzales86598
Follower

Cannot connect Orbi with internet

I am hoping that someone in this forum will be able to assist me.  Over the weekend I purchased the Orbi RBK 353.  When I got home I commenced set up via the App and have been unable to get the Orbi to connect to the internet.

We are in Australia, our internet provider is Vodafone NBN the model of our modem is DMA0120VHA.  I called the Netgear support line and the support person advised that I needed to attached the Orbi to the Vodafone modem because we have a 'dual modem / router" set up with Vodafone. 

This did not solve the problem.  I checked the router user name and password, reset the modem and still no luck.  I read some articles that suggested putting the Orbi into AP mode. I made this change, saw no difference, still on internet connection and I can no longer log into the Orbi app or Orbi Login page Getting error message - "Opps, you are not connected to your Orbi's network."  I am not really sure where to go from here because I can no longer log into the app or the Orbi Log In page. Help

Message 1 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Cannot connect Orbi with internet

Do another Factory Reset of the router (RBR350 on the label).

Do not bother with the satellite until the router is working.

Connect the WAN (yellow) port on the router to one of the Vodaphone LAN ports (not the WAN port).

Message 2 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

Sorry for the hasty reply.

The Vodafone DMA0120VHA appears to be a combination modem/router/WiFi device:

CrimpOn_0-1708481540079.png

It seems to have two method of connecting to the Vodafone network: DSL (the grey jack) or Ethernet (the red jack).

CrimpOn_1-1708481630541.png

How is your device connected?

Installing a customer provided WiFi router involves some decisions.

• Having "two routers" certainly works for a lot of customers, but is not the most flexible or efficient configuration.
  • If the device is connected using the red Ethernet port, then the most common advice would be to remove the Vodafone device entirely and plug that cable into the WAN (yellow) port on their own router (RBR350).  One of the first questions asked when configuring a WiFi router is "does your ISP require a login?"  If it does, then you need to have the user name and password to enter into the Orbi setup.
  • If the device is connected using the DSL port (grey/white?) then it cannot be removed and the situation becomes more complicated.

Placing the Orbi into Access Point (AP) mode is one step that can be taken if having two routers interferes with specific applications.  It is totally not necessary to get the Orbi to connect to the internet.

It appears that you are using both the Orbi 'app' and the Orbi web interface to configure the router.  We on the forum prefer the web interface.  (Either will work.)

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

@Gonzales86598 wrote:

I am hoping that someone in this forum will be able to assist me.  Over the weekend I purchased the Orbi RBK 353.  When I got home I commenced set up via the App and have been unable to get the Orbi to connect to the internet.

We are in Australia, our internet provider is Vodafone NBN the model of our modem is DMA0120VHA.  I called the Netgear support line and the support person advised that I needed to attached the Orbi to the Vodafone modem because we have a 'dual modem / router" set up with Vodafone. 

This did not solve the problem.  I checked the router user name and password, reset the modem and still no luck.  I read some articles that suggested putting the Orbi into AP mode. I made this change, saw no difference, still on internet connection and I can no longer log into the Orbi app or Orbi Login page Getting error message - "Opps, you are not connected to your Orbi's network."  I am not really sure where to go from here because I can no longer log into the app or the Orbi Log In page. Help

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7