Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot get Chromecast to connect to Orbi AX1800

Jay-Reddings
Aspirant

Cannot get Chromecast to connect to Orbi AX1800

I just purchased chromecast but cannot get it to sustain a connection to my wifi. My chromecast connects to the wifi during the setup process but instantly disconnects after the setup is complete. I have an Orbi AX1800 Wifi 6 Dual-Band Mesh Router. The chromecast works in my living room tv and only sometimes loses connection but will not connect to the wifi in the room I want it to be in (this room also has my router in it so it is 100% in range). Any help will be greatly appreciated Smiley Happy

I am on firmware version V4.4.0.10_2.10.63

Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Cannot get Chromecast to connect to Orbi AX1800

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite 📡

Try turning off AX for 2.4Ghz on the RBR under basic tab/wireless settings.

Message 2 of 8
Jay-Reddings
Aspirant

My sataliette is around 35 feet away and after turning off AX for 2.4ghz I am still having the same issue. I have read only that changing RIP Version to Rip_1 will help is this true?

Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

You can certainly give that a try. If it doesn't work you can put the change back. 

Message 4 of 8
Jay-Reddings
Aspirant

I tried it and no luck. Any other suggestions, that fact that it connects fine in another room is the thing that is stopping me from returning the chromecast. After making these changes am I supposed to restart my orbi system because currently I have not been doing so after making the changes. 

Message 5 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

So it connects in the other room? 

Do you know which Orbi unit the device is connecting too? RBR or RBS? 

Message 6 of 8
Jay-Reddings
Aspirant

When it works its connected to the satellite. It is in the same room as the satellite when it works but when in the same room as the router it doesn't work.

Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

So when it's connected the RBS, if you turn OFF the RBS, does it connect to the RBR with out moving this device? IT should connect...

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7