Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Cannot log onto Satellite (RBS-850)

Chuck_M
Mentor

Cannot log onto Satellite (RBS-850)

My Orbi network consists of an RBR-850 router and 3 x RBS-850s.   They work fine, but....

I cannot log onto one of the satellites...   It is connected, is working, but when I go to the IP address to log onto that specific satellite, I get the logon screen.  After I enter my credentials, the fields blank out and it just sits there.

I have factory reset and reconnected that satellite several times... no joy.

I have gone from wireless to wired backhaul... same thing.  

My satellites are on private IPs 192.168.3, 192.168.1.4 and 192.168.1.5.

I have rebooted, disconnected, powered off, and still the same symptoms.

The firmware is the current V7 on router and satellites.

My cable modem is a Cox Panoramic modem which is bridged to the Orbi to handle all routing.

I can see the device in the network structure, I just cannot log onto it.

Any advice or suggestions are appreciated.

Message 1 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Have you turned off the other RBS and then Ethernet connect the 3rd RBS to the back of the RBR?

Does the 3rd RBS show as having a GOOD connection or does it happen to show Out Of Sync? 

Might try using the Generate new backhaul password button on the RBR and resync all RBS to the RBR. Turn OFF all RBS accept for 3rd one. I'd probably factory reset the 3rd RBS first, then after you generate new BH password, and the RBS is blinking white for 1 minute, Press the sync button on the RBS then use the RBRs web page to "Add Satellite" feature to get the 3rd RBS re-synced and connected. Do this with the 3rd RBS in same room as the RBR to be sure it gets a good connection. After it syncs, check it's web page for proper log in sequence. If you get the 3rd RBS connected fully and working right, do same for rest of RBS. 

Message 2 of 10
Chuck_M
Mentor

Thanks will give this a shot and report back!

Message 3 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

👍

Message 4 of 10
Chuck_M
Mentor

No go.

Disconnected all RBS's.

Generated new backhaul PW

Factory reset problematic RBS

Powered on, waited for white to stop flashing

Pressed Synch

Added new satellite from menu

It added and says link is good.

Cannot log onto the satellite.  Takes username and pw but does nothing and blanks out the username and pw fields.

Note image below of "Attached Devices (Satellites) and then the Sign in screen for that RBS.

Screenshot 2023-10-13 125656.png

Screenshot 2023-10-13 125952.png

Message 5 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

And does admin and "password" work for the log in? 

I presume you updated all RBS manually by using the FW file and the RBS web page to update the FW on the RBS? 

And this happens with all other browsers? MS Edge or Fire Fox or Opera? 

Message 6 of 10
Chuck_M
Mentor

It does not accept any username/password including my systems nor admin/password

I have tried it wirelessly, hardwired, reset, rebooted and it does not act like the other two RBS's.

It was updated to current firmware via manual update when -- for a short moment -- I could log onto the satellite yesterday and then it went ghost again.

Like I said, the satellite works, I just cannot log on to it.

I wonder if something inside of the satellite has failed.

No other browser works.  Firewalls, etc disabled.

Two work fine, this one does not.

Message 7 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Wow. Ok, last resort would be to do a 30-30-30 reset on the RBS. 

Sounds like the creds are not getting populated or something in nvram is corrupt for this log in and creds area. 

Or try a factory reset on the RBR and setup from scratch with this 3rd RBS. 

Message 8 of 10
Chuck_M
Mentor

And magically it is working again.  Will keep an eye on it..  perhaps a synch issue or something that needed catching up, but all appears to be working perfectly now.

Thank you for your help.

Message 9 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok. May need a full FR and new BH. I've noticed that RBS seem to need a bit of time to fully get settled in. 

Hopefully will keep working from now on out. 

Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7