Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Carrier Thermostat systxccitc01-b can't connect to Orbi AX6000 RBR850 / RBS8540

bowler304
Tutor

Carrier Thermostat systxccitc01-b can't connect to Orbi AX6000 RBR850 / RBS8540

Hello, 

I have a carrier thermostat systxccitc01-b and it suddenly won't connect to my Orbi Router.  The strange thing is it worked fine for almost a year.  I found another thread to change the following CTS/RTS Threshold to 2347 and that didn't fix it.  I turned off the AX for 2.4GHz and that didn't fix it.  

RBR850 / RBS850 Firmware Version 4.6.14.3

I'm open to options, as I would love to have this connected to a wifi network.  I can turn my phone on and use the same passphrase and it works fine.  So the passphrase is not too long. 

Firmware is up to date.  Let me know if you got solutions. 

Message 1 of 17
Mikey94025
Hero

Re: Carrier Thermostat systxccitc01-b can't connect to Orbi AX6000 RBR850 / RBS8540

@bowler304 wrote:

Hello, 

I have a carrier thermostat systxccitc01-b and it suddenly won't connect to my Orbi Router.  The strange thing is it worked fine for almost a year.  I found another thread to change the following CTS/RTS Threshold to 2347 and that didn't fix it.  I turned off the AX for 2.4GHz and that didn't fix it. 

Make sure you tried a full reset of the networking on the thermostat (like "forget network") and then pair again to your Orbi wifi SSID.

Message 2 of 17
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Carrier Thermostat systxccitc01-b can't connect to Orbi AX6000 RBR850 / RBS8540

@bowler304 wrote:

Hello, 

I have a carrier thermostat systxccitc01-b and it suddenly won't connect to my Orbi Router.  The strange thing is it worked fine for almost a year.

If the thermostat "worked fine" for almost a year, then there should be no reason to modify the router settings.  If it worked for a year, it should still work.

How did this situation come to your attention?

What happens when you go through the setup steps on page 58 of the user manual?

https://www.shareddocs.com/hvac/docs/1009/Public/0C/OMSYSTXCCITC-08.pdf 

Message 3 of 17
plemans
Guru

Are you using wpa2 for security? 

Message 4 of 17
bowler304
Tutor

"Make sure you tried a full reset of the networking on the thermostat (like "forget network") and then pair again to your Orbi wifi SSID."

I have done forget and set up 3 or 4 times now.  It will connect but won't talk with their servers, but when I bring up my router settings it doesn't show the device is connected to the internet. 

Message 5 of 17
plemans
Guru

So its connecting to the wifi? 

Just not back to their server? 

What modem/gateway is the router connected to?

Are you using Armor? 

Message 6 of 17
bowler304
Tutor

WPA2-PSK[AES]

Message 7 of 17
bowler304
Tutor

So its connecting to the wifi?  Yes

Just not back to their server?  Correct

What modem/gateway is the router connected to? RBR850 / RBS850 (latest firmware)

Are you using Armor?  Armour: Status: Not activated

It shows connect to the wifi 

Remote Access Status

Network Status: connected

SSID: <correct network>

MyInfinity Data Server: not connected

MyInfinitiy OTA Server: not connected

When I connect to my hot spot on my mobile phone, they are all connected. 

Message 8 of 17
plemans
Guru

What modem/gateway is the orbi connected to? 

Message 9 of 17
bowler304
Tutor

Motorola MB8611

Message 10 of 17
plemans
Guru

Have you tried a different dns server? 

Here's a few for ipv4. Also remember to change the ipv6 dns server if ipv6 is enabled
CloudFlare 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1
GoogleDNS 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

Message 11 of 17
bowler304
Tutor

I tried both Cloudfare and Google DNS with no solution. 

Message 12 of 17
plemans
Guru

Are you using armor? Or any other network security? 

Just seems a little off its its connecting to orbi's wifi fine but not back to its main server. 

Are you using ipv6? did you try it with it both enabled and disabled?

Message 13 of 17
bowler304
Tutor

Are you using armor? Or any other network security?  Armor Not active, no other security system

Just seems a little off its its connecting to orbi's wifi fine but not back to its main server.  Yes, it doesn't make sense, but when I connect it to my cell hotspot works fine. 

Are you using ipv6? did you try it with it both enabled and disabled?  Both are enabled, let me disable IPV6 and try it. 

Message 14 of 17
CrimpOn
Guru

This is sort of a "Twilight Zone" hypothesis....

I once had a device that showed "no internet" despite being connected to WiFi and being restarted several times.  I finally opened the Orbi web interface (http://orbilogin.net ) and navigated to Access Control where I found:

• Access Control was enabled. (although I never enable Access Control.) and
  • This device was shown as Blocked.

My hypothesis was that at some point I was messing around with the damn Orbi 'app' and must have "slid my fat finger" and "Paused" this one device without meaning to.  When I edited the device back to "Allowed" and disabled Access Control, suddenly the device had internet again.

Blocked apparently does not mean, "Cannot connect to WiFi" but instead means, "Can connect (because it presents the correct SSID/password) but is not allowed to access the network."

Or.... not what's happening with this thermostat (sorry to waste your time).

Message 15 of 17
bowler304
Tutor

Actually went into the device and this is the first time I have seen it but it has a valid IP address of 192.168.1.5

Server connection Diagnostics

Server Connection Status code: 201

Failure reason code: 19

So off to the web to see what these mean. 

Message 16 of 17
plemans
Guru

If you search, there's quite a few posts on carrier thermostats not connecting. this one for example removed it from his carrier web account and re-added it and it worked. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/hvacadvice/comments/x00o6k/carrier_infinity_server_down_for_4_days/

might try something like that. With what you're reporting, its seems something on carrier's end. 

Message 17 of 17
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 16 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7