Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Connect AX6000 Router with AX4200 Router

TR3571
Aspirant

Connect AX6000 Router with AX4200 Router

Hello people,

I have an existing AX4200 Router with 2 Satellites and need to enhance coverage. Have purchased an AX6000 Router with 2 satellites as well. I know that there is a difference in Front Haul between the two but Back Haul is the same for both models of the Satellites. I want to use the AX6000 Router primarily with all the satellites despite different models. My question is how do I use the AX4200 Router as an Satellite for the AX6000 Router. 

Is there a possibility of connecting the two routers without a wired connection so that the AX4200 router acts as a Satellite.Even if I use it via wire then will I have two separate WiFi6 streams in the house. How will the App manage the two separate streams in this case. Which WiFi will take priority by the various devices?

Would really appreciate your guidance. 

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Connect AX6000 Router with AX4200 Router

Yes, you'll have to separate WiFi SSID signals. I would give separate names between these two. 

Be sure to run far apart separate channels between the two.

Might even lower the transmit power on the 2nd RBR as well from 100% to 50% or 25%. 

It's up to devices to pick and choose where they connect too. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Any RBR only works in router or AP mode. They don't support working in satellite mode.

Message 2 of 4
TR3571
Aspirant

Many thanks for your guidance.

If I connect the RBR (4200) in AP Mode, will I have two separate WiFi6 streams in the house. How will the App manage the two separate streams in this case. Which WiFi will take priority by the various devices?
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes, you'll have to separate WiFi SSID signals. I would give separate names between these two. 

Be sure to run far apart separate channels between the two.

Might even lower the transmit power on the 2nd RBR as well from 100% to 50% or 25%. 

It's up to devices to pick and choose where they connect too. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7