Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Connectivity issues with Synology 1019+ NAS connected to Orbi RBR850 connected to Motorola modem

Jmichaels001
Aspirant

Connectivity issues with Synology 1019+ NAS connected to Orbi RBR850 connected to Motorola modem

Only problems with my Synology NAS. Received replacement NAS and same problem. Sometimes it seems to show on network then it disappears and can’t be located with Synology assistant or find Synology. Replaced cable replaced NAS. Could it be a bad port on the Back of the Orbi?
Message 1 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Connectivity issues with Synology 1019+ NAS connected to Orbi RBR850 connected to Motorola modem

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

Doubtful. 

Swap LAN cables? CAT6 is recommended. 

Did you try a different port on the back of the RBR?

Do other wired devices exhibit the same problem or not? If not, then the problem will be with the NAS unit. Be sure it's configured correctly on it's networking settings. Refer the NAS mfr for help, support and information regarding there product.

Message 2 of 10
Jmichaels001
Aspirant

Re: Connectivity issues with Synology 1019+ NAS connected to Orbi RBR850 connected to Motorola modem

Xfinity gig service through a Motorola MB8600 modem, to the Orbi RBR850. Orbi is running firmware version v3.2.15.25_1.3.15. Orbi is in router mode with 2 satellites working over WiFi I did swap lan cables, using one that came with the Synology NAS. I have not yet tried another port on the back of the router. It appears like NAS is only device with issues but this is a replacement nas so I’m looking for issues in other places. I did turn AX off this morning. It didn’t make a difference
Message 3 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Try a different port on the back of the RBR...

Message 4 of 10
Jmichaels001
Aspirant

Changing the port didn’t make any difference
Message 5 of 10
Mikey94025
Hero

Let's try if it matters how the device looking for your NAS is connected - When your NAS device disappears, is it from an app on your phone or something running on a laptop?  How is that phone/laptop connected, e.g., is it wireless to a satellite or hardwired to the Orbi router?  Do you have any switches between your router and/or satellites?

Message 6 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

IF other devices work when connected to the RBR and the NAS doesn't, I would presume there maybe a problem with either the cable that runs to the NAS or the NAS itself has a problem. 

@Jmichaels001 wrote:
Changing the port didn’t make any difference

Message 7 of 10
Chuck_M
Mentor

Check your private messages:  I have a 1019 and am pretty sure we can get it working properly.

Message 8 of 10
Jmichaels001
Aspirant

No switches. I check both from the laptop and cell phone. Scanning the network it doesn’t show up at all
Message 9 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

I would contact the Mfr of the NAS and have then help you with it. Seems like the network jack or networking on the NAS is not working right or at all. 

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7