Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Constant buffering RBR750

Harrme
Aspirant

Re: Constant buffering RBR750

Yes. Setting up from app. Until it gets to point where it says my Orbi couldn’t be found. Then app is no longer functional
Message 26 of 29
CrimpOn
Guru

Bummer.  Even though I have little experience with the app, I had assumed that Set Up a New Orbi System would work when the smartphone running the app is connected to the Orbi WiFi.

(Because the original Orbi that the app was paired with no longer exists.)

Message 27 of 29
Harrme
Aspirant

Yeah, it worked great for a year. Tried adding a second satellite and everything seemed to crash. Wound up going to support. They opened a case and assigned a tech. They had me go in to admin page and change a bunch of settings. No change! Disconnected the new satellite but nothing changed. Escalated to a @senior tech.” They tried a few things. Nothing. Escalated to “Level Two” support. He had me manually update firmware on router and both satellites. Reconnected and the new satellite wouldn’t connect any longer. He had me try a couple other things (plugged directly into router with computer and E cable). Nothing. So they decided to send a new router. That’s what I was attempting to install today. I’ve reconnected my old router and got back at least what I had before (all 2.4 connections) until I hear from Netgear. I have to wait for assigned tech to keep continuity. At this point I’m so frustrated with Orbi system I can’t even describe it.
Message 28 of 29
CrimpOn
Guru

Do you have a desktop or laptop that can be connected to the new router with an Ethernet cable?

An Orbi router can be set up with no internet connection at all.  (Of course, it's not particularly useful when there's no internet access.  We heard from a hospital in Haiti that uses an Orbi system to link their devices together - and has no internet link.) 

You also can connect the WAN port on the new router to one of the LAN ports on the old router.  This will create a separate WiFi system (I would give it a different WiFi SSID).  But, a computer connected to the new router should be able to configure.

Message 29 of 29
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 28 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7