Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Crash after speedupgrade

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Crash after speedupgrade

Hello

My system has been stable for 1 year now, only reboot after power outage or firmware updates, but yesterday I got my internet connection upgraded from 500Mbit to 1Gbit.

First thing I wanted to test was the new speed. I fired up Steam and started to download a large game, about 120GB. After 30-40 seconds at speed 103MBytes/s the router stops responding to ping and the purple light illuminates on the RBR850, and I need to unplug and plug the power to get it back online.

I can see people having problems in other discussion about large downloads, but I have never had this before upgrading the linespeed. I tried about 5 times today and same thing happens every time. 

After some try and fail with the settings, I disabled Armor (which I have paid a 1 year subscription for) and that seems to make to router stable again.

Anyone experienced the same? 

Orbi in routermode

HW: RBR850, 2xRBS850 and 1xRBS750

Firmware:V4.6.8.5

Internetprovider: Bridge mode (so the problem is not suspected to be here)

Factory reset done with no different result

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Crash after speedupgrade

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and router been performed since last update?
Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:
Turn off and unplug modem.
Turn off router and computers.
Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on computers and rest of network.

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What CAT# lan cable are you using between the RBR and modem/ONT? 

Message 2 of 3

Re: Crash after speedupgrade

It could be a bad power adapter as well. Try to swap out the power adapter from one of the satellites and see if it fixes the problem.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7