Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Disable 2G On RBR750

gryphyn
Aspirant

Disable 2G On RBR750

Is there a way to disable 2G on the RBR750? My devices are only connecting to on 2G for the router, but they connect 5G to the satellite. I want to disable 2G to see if devices connected to the router will switch to 5G, or if it isn't broadcasting 5G for some reason.

My satellite is connected through 5G with backhaul status as good.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Disable 2G On RBR750

Nope.

Message 2 of 5
gryphyn
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply!

I ended up downloading a WiFi analyzer, and it looks like the router isn't putting out a 5G signal at all. The satellite is, but once I unplug the satellite, there's no more 5G signal.

I'll look into the 5G thing further, but thanks again for the reply.

Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and router been performed since last update?
Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:
Turn off and unplug modem.
Turn off router and computers.
Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on computers and rest of network.

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? A complete pull of the power adapters for a period of time after the factory reset then walk thru the setup wizard and setup from scratch.
I would power OFF the ISP modem for 1 minute. Factory reset the Orbi router and power it off. Power ON the ISP modem and let it sync. Then power ON the Orbi router and walk thru the setup wizard again using a wired PC and a web browser.
Press the back reset button for 15 seconds then release. 
https://kb.netgear.com/31486/How-do-I-reset-my-Orbi-system-to-factory-default-settings

Turn OFF the RBS while troubleshooting this...

Message 4 of 5
gryphyn
Aspirant

Thanks for the great rundown FURRY.

I've done everything mentioned including the factory reset and setup without the RBS connected, but I didn't leave everything unplugged for that long or setup with a wired PC. I'll give that a shot later today - hopefully it works.

Thanks again for the help!

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7