Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Disabling band steering on Orbi RBK752 router

Barryc49
Aspirant

Disabling band steering on Orbi RBK752 router

I need to turn off Band Steering on my Orbi RBK752 router. I have searched the Netgear site as well as several others, and have looked through all the tabs on the router settings. Unfortunately I cannot find and setting that mentions Band Steering.

I would appreciate any assistance.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: Disabling band steering on Orbi RBK752 router

There isn't an option to disable it. Its part of the system and there isn't an option for removing it. 

Maybe going over why you want to disable it can help more? 

Message 2 of 5
Barryc49
Aspirant

Thank you for your reply. The reason that I want to disable is that we have a Wallbox Pulsar Plus electic car charger. We have an Android phone app that is connected to the Wallbox by Bluetooth. Updates to the app can only be made by connecting the phone to the Wallbox by Wi-Fi which we have been unable to do. The suppliers of the Wallbox informed us that the problem is caused by the use of band steering and advised us to disable it.

Whilst I have a basic understanding of the concept of band steering, I have never used a home electric car charger before.

Message 3 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

@Barryc49 wrote:

we have a Wallbox Pulsar Plus electic car charger. We have an Android phone app that is connected to the Wallbox by Bluetooth. Updates to the app can only be made by connecting the phone to the Wallbox by Wi-Fi which we have been unable to do.

Thanks for providing the essential information (Wallbox Pulsar Plus Car Charger).

https://wallbox.com/en_us/wallbox-pulsar-plus 

I have a feeling that the problem is stated incorrectly: "Updates to the app..."  This is an Android app that was downloaded from Google Play.  This app will be updated the same way it was installed in the first place: through Google Play.  Perhaps the problem is instead that the app has provided a notification that there is new software for the charger itself.

CrimpOn_0-1678861600307.png

It appears to me that the charger software can be updated without using WiFi at all (i.e. with Bluetooth):

https://support.wallbox.com/na/knowledge-base/how-to-update-your-chargers-software-with-the-mywallbo... 

If the issue is how to connect the charger to WiFi so that the app can reach the charger when not within Bluetooth range, my guess is that Band Steering is not the problem.

Message 4 of 5
Barryc49
Aspirant

Thank you for your comments. I shall try this.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7