Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Ethernet backhaul RBK852

Ramboost2000
Aspirant

Ethernet backhaul RBK852

I am strongly considering buying Orbi to cover my new house with wifi. I am considering either RBK53 or the new RBK852. I need ethernet backhaul to work in order to get proper backhaul speed, and I am unsure whether this is working in the new RBK852. When I look up in the user manaul for each kit, I only see a section about setting up ethernet backhaul for the RBK53 and not for the RBK852. This leads me to think that ethernet backhaul is not (yet) implemented for RBK852.

Can anyone confirm or deny whether ethernet backhaul works for RBK852? Thanks

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Ethernet backhaul RBK852

IT's emplimented on the Orbi AX however some of us are seeing issues with it. I for one can't use it until NG fixes the behavior of the RBS connected behind 3 or more daisy chained switches. Something my RBK50 doesn't have a problem with. I would give the Orbi AX a bit more time to mature in FW. Other wise, it's doing pretty good generally. I just have to have my RBS wirelessly connected until they get the ethernet back haul operation working better. Also NAT Filter doesn't seem to be working correctly either. Something I've also brough up to NG as well. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7