Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: HELP!!! Orbi 960 Series AXE11000 | Hardwire speeds of router and satelite fine, wifi drops rando

Re: HELP!!! Orbi 960 Series AXE11000 | Hardwire speeds of router and satelite fine, wifi drops rando

Yes, I told them I bought a new system that works fine in an effort to have mine replaced. They essentially ignored it and sent me the beta firmware for the broken one. Hence my hesitance to waste any more time on it until I get a better explanation from them on what they are actually fixing. 

Message 76 of 79
FURRYe38
Guru

I recommend that you apply the beta and check to see if it fixes the issue or not. Don't let time pass on this that would make it worse. You have support looking into this with you so take advantage of it. 

Message 77 of 79
AnalogK
Aspirant

I'm not the OP, but I posted about the WAX630Es. I'm using the same cat5e cables as the 960 was. I purchased 4 APs to replace 4 Orbis that I had placed indoors (3000 sq. ft.). I'm waiting for 2 outdoor APs to replace the two 960s I had installed outdoors inside of electrical boxes.

When installing, my WiFi speed dropped from 900mbps to 50mbps when I installed the 3rd AP and had all of them at 100%. I followed the white paper for edu installs and dropped my transmit power. Resolved. I never thought to do this with the 960s.

Prior to replacing, pulling a satellite out of the wired backhaul would restore the speed for me.

Message 78 of 79
CrimpOn
Guru

("Egg on my face" for not reading more closely.  Sorry.)

Thanks for the explanation.  Now, to see what ELSE I got wrong.....

Message 79 of 79
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 78 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7