Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Help With Satellites for RBK752 - Cannot Resync to router

ragsy47
Aspirant

Help With Satellites for RBK752 - Cannot Resync to router

I'm posting this because while I have read a number of the solution threads and tried the solutions I am still unable to fix my satellites and looking for some clear instructions to help.

When connecting my smart thermostat to my Orbi I managed to break the connections with the 2 satellites. 

I factory reset them - No joy

I factory reset the router - No joy

I ended up buying 2 new Sat's and connecting them to get my mesh network back where it was as it was impacting my work and they are working great. This was also to confirm that the issue was not with my router but indeed with the satellites

But I would still like to try and fix my broken sat's without messing with my router or working sats anymore. I again factory reset the ones that were not working after connecting the new ones but still no joy

I am hoping to get some clear instructions on what to try next. I have not logged into the sat's yet because I wasn't really sure on the correct way to do this so if this is the next thing to do I would appreciate if someone could post clear step by step instructions.

Thanks in advance for the help here.

Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Help With Satellites for RBK752 - Cannot Resync to router

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

Message 2 of 5
ragsy47
Aspirant

How do I check the firmware on the sat wire if I can’t connect it to my router? This is where I have gotten confused with all the threads
Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

What happens if you connect the RBS to the back of the RBR using a ethernet cable? 

Message 4 of 5
ragsy47
Aspirant

Assume you mean I should plug it into my RBR and then login to the RBR on orbilogin to check?
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7