Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: How do I adjust RIP settings on RBRE960 router?

FURRYe38
Guru

Get you one of these as a wired AP connected to the back of the RBR. 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08KTXG8Q5/ref=olp-opf-redir?aod=1&sprefix=netgear%2Brax%252Caps%252C239&c...

Doesn't have to be new, get one of the used ones. I've bought a few used NG routers off amazon. Work well. 

Message 26 of 28
switters
Apprentice

Thanks again! It looks like I just need to turn off the "SmartConnect" feature to get separate 2.4 and 5.0 GHz bands. 

The Logitech Litra lights will arrive tomorrow. I'll compare them with the Elgato Key Lights I have. If these work well, they're probably the best solution because I got them for not much more than the cost of the Nighthawk access point, and I can use them without setting up an additional network. 

The Key Lights (Mark II) will arrive next Wed. If they connect right away to my existing network and produce much better light than the Logitech Litra, then I'll have to decide whether the $200 difference (between what I spent on them vs. what I'd spend on the Nighthawk) is worth it. 

I really appreciate your help. Thank you!

Message 27 of 28
FURRYe38
Guru

On the 2ndary router? Yes, Since it's a non MESH router, it has the ability to disable Smart Connect and disable 5Ghz as well. 

Let us know how things work out. 

Message 28 of 28
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 27 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7