Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to disable telenet on Orbi RBK753 (AX4200) - Orbi WiFi 6 System

Kutch2Kerala
Follower

How to disable telenet on Orbi RBK753 (AX4200) - Orbi WiFi 6 System

All my other devices connect to the Orbi, but my wifi printer sees two identical networks and when I try to connect to either, I get error messages asking to confirm network name and that a router/access point conflict has been detected. I saw on older Orbi models there was a way to disable telenet and seperate the 2.4 and 5gHZ, but the http://192.168.1.1/debug.htm disable telenet option does not come up on this newer version. It looks like someone posted about this in June 2020, but I wasn't able to follow on how to sepearte the 2.4 and 5gHZ so my printer only sees one network and can connect to Orbi. 

Does someone know how I can disable telenet, or otherwise split the two SSID networks so my printer doesn't get confused and can connect to the right network?

Thanks a lot!

Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: How to disable telenet on Orbi RBK753 (AX4200) - Orbi WiFi 6 System

This post involves several topics.

• Product.  This forum is for users who own the original Orbi (WiFi5) product.
    There is a separate community forum for the "AX" product:
    https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax 
    If you post the question in that forum, people who have the same product are more likely to have experience with it.
  • Printer connection.  Yes, all Orbi products broadcast the same SSID on both 2.4G and 5G channels.  Most devices have no problem with this.  If you describe which printer this is, people can probably come up with recommendations.  For example, if the printer has only a 2.4G radio chip, then 5G Orbi is irrelevant, just like FM radio and sun spots.
  • Telnet access.  This is another area where product families make a difference.  Yes, the original Orbi line "debug" page has an option to enable telnet access to the Orbi router where the user can do a lot of things.  (Perhaps create separate SSID's for the 2.4G and 5G channels.)  Capabilities of the "AX" Orbi products are best addressed in the AX forum (see above).
Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: How to disable telenet on Orbi RBK753 (AX4200) - Orbi WiFi 6 System

Telnet is not currently supported on Orbi AX. 

@Kutch2Kerala wrote:

All my other devices connect to the Orbi, but my wifi printer sees two identical networks and when I try to connect to either, I get error messages asking to confirm network name and that a router/access point conflict has been detected. I saw on older Orbi models there was a way to disable telenet and seperate the 2.4 and 5gHZ, but the http://192.168.1.1/debug.htm disable telenet option does not come up on this newer version. It looks like someone posted about this in June 2020, but I wasn't able to follow on how to sepearte the 2.4 and 5gHZ so my printer only sees one network and can connect to Orbi. 

Does someone know how I can disable telenet, or otherwise split the two SSID networks so my printer doesn't get confused and can connect to the right network?

Thanks a lot!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7