Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to make CBR750 compatible with sonos

gene_s
Follower

How to make CBR750 compatible with sonos

My Orbi CBR750 does not recognize my sonos system. THe sonos folks say that I have to change the 802.11band to b/g/n.  How do I do that.  Is there any other tips on how to get Orbi to recognize sonos?

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: How to make CBR750 compatible with sonos

power off the other satellites and try connecting the sonos device directly to the CBR750 and not the satellites. Once its sync'd, then try the satellites. 

Message 2 of 3
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: How to make CBR750 compatible with sonos

Hello @gene_s ,

Welcome to the NETGEAR Community!

I understand that your Sonos device needs the Wi-Fi band that is IEEE 802.11b/g/n to sync to the network. The CBR750 is compatible with the wireless standards IEEE 802.11b/g/n/ax. The issue here is that the Sonos wireless speakers are not able to find the 2.4GHz network needed to connect to your network. Please try connecting your Sonos speaker to your guest network to establish a connection wireless connection. 

Community Users with this issue have been able to resolve this issue by giving their wireless hotspot the login credentials of their main network and then connecting their IoT devices. After the connection has been established they are able to connect their IoT devices to their main Orbi network. 

Best,

Kevin

Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7