Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I am having the same issue where only 1 satellite connects to the router...

Flash13
Aspirant

I am having the same issue where only 1 satellite connects to the router...

Were you able to resolve your issue? I am having the same issue where only 1 satellite connects to the router while the other shows up as a device. Would you please let us know. Thanks

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: I am having the same issue where only 1 satellite connects to the router...

Message 8 of 8

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded on the RBR and RBS?

Ensure both RBR and RBS are using same version of FW.

Message 2 of 8
GFT
Aspirant
Aspirant

Updating everything to 4.6.8.2 has things working acceptably. My router, satellites, and devices all talk to one another and can access the internet, including my phone. The Orbi iPhone app will no longer connect to my network and is not even willing to admit that an Orbi router is present on the network.

After updating the router I couldn't connect to it until I reset it. That flushed all of the settings. It wouldn't accept the settings that I saved several months ago, so I had to reset everything one at a time. I had set the DNS settings differently that those provided by my ISP, so I also had to dig those up again. I suggest that you go through your settings before updating and make sure you know what they all are.

Message 3 of 8
Flash13
Aspirant

hi,

The verison is V4.6.5.14 on RBR750 and RBS750 (the one that connects). the one RBS750 that doesn't connect might be on a lower version but i cant check it now i can find a way to update it. Also i tried connecting it via wireless as well as through the ethernet cable to the router RBR750 but it still doesn't show up as a satellite in the orbi app or the web interface. it comes up as another Netgear device as seen in the  attached screen shot.  I have even tried resetting the router and the satellite but it didn't help. Thanks.

Message 4 of 8
GFT
Aspirant
Aspirant

I downloaded both updates (the RBR and RBS are separate updates) to my computer, following Furrye38's instructions. Then I turned off WiFi on the computer and connected it directly to the satellite I wanted to update through a cable. At that point I was able to login to the satellite. For the satellite that wouldn't connect I discovered that it had already been updated to 4.6.8.2 (presumably by Netgear's broken auto-updater). I then repeated that process on the working satellite, which was still running 4.6.5.14. I updated that one, which left me with two disconnected satellites. Finally I plugged the cable back into the router and updated it. I restarted everything and they all worked, but I was unable to login to the router. Resetting the router fixed the login problem, but at the cost of all my settings.

Message 5 of 8
Flash13
Aspirant

I had given up on this, but today i thought of giving it another try. The ip that shows up is 10.0.0.29, when i try to connect it, it will ask me for a username and password which for some reason its not accepting.

I cant even manually update or check the Firmware version as it doesn’t show up on the Web interface of the Orbi router. I have tried resetting it multiple times but its of no help.  Attached is the picture of how it looks in the web interface.

once thing i noticed today is that if i switch off my Wifi in the laptop and connect my laptop to the satellite via network cable it does connect to internet, i even see a blue light after blinking white light when i power it up. but i am not sure why its not acting as a satellite.

Flash13_0-1661207742890.jpeg

non functional satelite.

I don't see the non-functional satellite here and i cant check its Firmware version. the current version is v4.6.5.14 for the router and working satellite.

Flash13_1-1661207742848.png

Please help. Thank you in advance.

regards,

mahesh

Message 6 of 8
GFT
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can you log into the satellite directly? You should be able to get the IP address of the satellite from the "Attached Devices" tab on the router's administration page. Enter this address in to the browser address bar and then log in to access the satellite directly. It should then tell you what firmware version  is running.

If that doesn't work, connect to the satellite with a wire, run "ipconfig" in a command window, and then using the default gateway address reported by ipconfig, try again.

Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7