Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I got the patch directly from Netgear

esp4p3
Initiate

I got the patch directly from Netgear

I got the patch directly from Netgear to fix the issue with V4.6.8.2_2.1.9 not being able to access the router admin via web or mobile app. The patch fixed the issue but now I'm having connection issues. It really rears it's head when I connect to my work's VPN and remote desktop via Cisco Connect Anywhere. It constantly kicks me off the remote desktop now. I have informed Netgear through reddit DM, in fact the same thread where I received the patch. Now I am being ignored. 

I'm so disappointed that I bought such an expensive router (RBR852) and I'm having these issues. It's beyond frustrating. I found this thread because I was considering trying to manually go back to the last stable firmware that they have on the website, but I don't want to mess it up even more. 

Message 1 of 4
scorn242
Apprentice

Re: I got the patch directly from Netgear

Morning. Since this is a work critical issue, waiting is probably not an option.

Net Gear is not a software shop. They are a hardware shop. Facing that reality, might I suggestion the following:

• switch your 850 series to AP mode
  • buy a robust modem or firewall unified threat device
  • use the 850 quality radio antennas in a fashion that currently have shown to be able to perform
  • use the new modem/firewall in a fashion they have proven to be able to perform
  • tax write-off the home office expense in your 2022 filing

Just trying to offer ideas to get you going.

My 853 has been running in AP for 34 days (see attached) on V4.6.8.2_2.1.9 without me having to interrupt my work time to baby sit the hardware.

Thanks,

Scott.

Message 2 of 4
esp4p3
Initiate

Thanks for the reply. I was able to get the router stable by applying configuration as outlined here:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Most-Stable-Orbi-Configuration/m-p/1941087/highlight/true#M970...

I'm not sure what exactly was causing the issue but it seems to be resolved. 

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Can you tell us exactly what changes you applied from that list? 

@esp4p3 wrote:

Thanks for the reply. I was able to get the router stable by applying configuration as outlined here:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Most-Stable-Orbi-Configuration/m-p/1941087/highlight/true#M970...

I'm not sure what exactly was causing the issue but it seems to be resolved. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7