Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I have an Orbi RBK753 kit

MrWriter
Aspirant

I have an Orbi RBK753 kit

I know this is an old thread, and I haven’t been actively involved in these forums but I’m about to pull my hair out with Netgear. 

I have an Orbi RBK753 kit. Unfortunately it is just a few weeks out of warranty. I am having the same issues with my router, regular reboots every single day. When it works, it’s blazingly fast. Then, out of nowhere, the main router reboots. 

I have tried every single troubleshooting I could find on here, including everything listed in this thread. 

There is absolutely no way there isn’t a hardware issue. I’ve spent the better part of this year trying to fix this through software changes, and since there hasn’t been a new firmware update for a significant amount of time, I can only assume that Netgear is done with this range and moving on to the next. 

I have spent £500 on what I considered to be an investment in to home networking, not having to spend that amount of money on equipment for at least another 3-5 years. 

So, I either call Netgear and give them money to replace my router with a refurbished one and run the risk of a component failure (possible RAM issue as has been reported in other threads and articles online) or, I just chuck them all in the bin and never give Netgear any of my money again. I’m inclined to go with the latter. 

I understand that we have excellent people in this community, and always seem to do their best to help others on here, and I’m grateful for that. But at some point, Netgear has to take responsibility and deal with these units as manufacturing defects and should be replacing routers free of charge, you know, like Apple do when they have a replacement programme for customers affected by inherent faults, which this router seems to have. 

Again, no amount of tweaking is going to fix this. You’ll just end up wasting days of your time, thinking you’ve fixed it, only for the issue to return within hours or days. 

If anyone has any solution other than to “try this” and “try that”, please, send info this way and I’ll be glad to hear from you!

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: I have an Orbi RBK753 kit

You the current firmware for the 750 product is v4. 6. 8?

Might try installing

Message 2 of 6
MrWriter
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply.

This is the firmware version I have, though it had to be done manually as the Orbi interface was showing an older firmware as being the most up to date.

Would you happen to have any other suggestions at all?

Thank you.

Message 3 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi keeps rebooting several times a day even with new firmware V2.5.1.16

Sorry. I did not realize the post was tacked onto a very long conversation. My Bad for trying to do this on a tablet. 

Message 4 of 6
MrWriter
Aspirant

No apology required, thanks for answering so quickly in the first place 👍🏻

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite 📡

What channels are you using? Auto? Try Auto and 48 on 5Ghz. Or try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7