Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I just noticed some of my IoT devices were also being disconnected randomly because of my Satellite

V3_
Follower
Follower

I just noticed some of my IoT devices were also being disconnected randomly because of my Satellite

Hello,

I just noticed some of my IoT devices were also being disconnected randomly because of my Satellite disabling its 2.4 GHz channel.

I followed your instructions and disabled the 20/40 MHz Coexistence. I'll update in some days whether it worked or not for me too!

Thanks for posting so I could find an answer to my issue 🙏🏻.

PS: I don't know about you guys but my Orbi Satellite is connected under Ethernet Backhaul. I don't remember experiencing such issues back when it was connected to the router via its 2.4 GHz proprietary channel. It might be related? 

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: I just noticed some of my IoT devices were also being disconnected randomly because of my Satell

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite 📡

Is the RBS connected directly being the RBR or is there a LAN switch in between? 

What CAT# lan cable are you using? CAT6 is recommended. 

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: I just noticed some of my IoT devices were also being disconnected randomly because of my Satell

Any progress on this? 

@V3_ wrote:

Hello,

I just noticed some of my IoT devices were also being disconnected randomly because of my Satellite disabling its 2.4 GHz channel.

I followed your instructions and disabled the 20/40 MHz Coexistence. I'll update in some days whether it worked or not for me too!

Thanks for posting so I could find an answer to my issue 🙏🏻.

PS: I don't know about you guys but my Orbi Satellite is connected under Ethernet Backhaul. I don't remember experiencing such issues back when it was connected to the router via its 2.4 GHz proprietary channel. It might be related? 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7