Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Innformation Required for Netgear Orbi AX3000 Wi-Fi 6 Tri-Band Mesh System (RBK652S-100NAS)

NadeemAhmad
Follower

Innformation Required for Netgear Orbi AX3000 Wi-Fi 6 Tri-Band Mesh System (RBK652S-100NAS)

Dear Community Members,

I want to buy Orbi AX3000 Wi-Fi 6 Tri-Band Mesh System (RBK652S-100NAS) . I have two questions.

(1) It is tri band router.

Does it support following two 5 GHz bands

36-46 and 149-177

Because my Samsung mobiles only connect on 149-177 range 5GHZ band. 

(2) Will I be able to manually select the bands or router do it automatically like Google routers do.

(3) Third question is can I remotely manages and monitors the mesh network from internet. I mean I am away from home and using my mobile data network. Can I manage and monitor the network using the nighthawk app.

Please let me know, so that I can place the order. Thanks 

Message 1 of 2
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Innformation Required for Netgear Orbi AX3000 Wi-Fi 6 Tri-Band Mesh System (RBK652S-100NAS)

This is "sort of" tri-band system consisting of

• an RBR750 tri-band router, plus
  • an RBS350 dual-band satellite

https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RBK652S/RBK652S_TS.pdf 

The user manual points out (page 133) that the User Facing 5G is set to

• channel 48 for the router and
  • channel 157 for the satellite

https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RBK653/RBK653_UM.pdf 

Orbi routers can be "managed" from the internet using the Orbi 'app' (similar to the Nighthawk app used for Nighthawk routers.  The app monitors and controls the very most basic features of the system.  Anything remotely advanced requires a web connection which is not available from the internet.

Honestly, no one has ever mentioned Samsung phones not connecting to Orbi WiFi systems.

In my (personal) view, this is a very unusual combination of equipment, designed to cost slightly less than more capable packages.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7