Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Issues with connections

CastaCures
Tutor

Issues with connections

I have a continued issue with my router since purchase that I cannot seem to figure out how to solve myself.

The internet on the Orbi (both WiFi and ethernet) seems to constantly go in/out.  My computer is connected via ethernet and when I try to go to a website, it will occasionally say that I am not connected, to then refresh and connect to the page.  But the real issue and concern is the Apple products I have.  The internet on the phones and iPad will just stop working, and the only solution to the problem that I have found is to turn WiFi on my device off and back on.  And it will then work for the program.  But it is getting really annoying everytime I open an app to have to go into settings and do the off/on cycle.  Any suggestions or ideas? (and no it is not an internet stability issue as I have no issue with my WiFi phone or work computer staying connected to the internet when I work from home).

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 12
vajim
Master

Re: Issues with connections

Modem?

firmware on orbi?

Message 2 of 12
CastaCures
Tutor

For my modem, it is a Netgear CM1000v2.  And the Orbi connects to it via ethernet.  And both have the newest version of the firmware.

Message 3 of 12
CrimpOn
Guru

@CastaCures wrote:

I have a continued issue with my router since purchase that I cannot seem to figure out how to solve myself.

Netgear provides 90 days of "complimentary support" with the purchase of an Orbi system.  How long have you had this system?

Message 4 of 12
vajim
Master

@CastaCures wrote:

For my modem, it is a Netgear CM1000v2.  And the Orbi connects to it via ethernet.  And both have the newest version of the firmware.

When was the latest orbi firmware installed?

was everything working before the update?

firmware version?

Message 5 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO(MIMO may or may not be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try disabling the following and see:
Armor, Circle, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Set Short preamble instead of Long preamble modes. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

One User Experience/Configuration:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Most-Stable-Orbi-Configuration/m-p/1941087/highlight/true#M970...

You can find other speed diagnosis steps in the community faq: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/Community-FAQ-My-Orbi-speeds-are-slow-inconsistent-and-don-...

@CastaCures wrote:

The internet on the Orbi (both WiFi and ethernet) seems to constantly go in/out.  My computer is connected via ethernet and when I try to go to a website, it will occasionally say that I am not connected, to then refresh and connect to the page.  But the real issue and concern is the Apple products I have.  The internet on the phones and iPad will just stop working, and the only solution to the problem that I have found is to turn WiFi on my device off and back on.  And it will then work for the program.  But it is getting really annoying everytime I open an app to have to go into settings and do the off/on cycle.  Any suggestions or ideas? (and no it is not an internet stability issue as I have no issue with my WiFi phone or work computer staying connected to the internet when I work from home).

Message 6 of 12
vajim
Master

Please let us see the answers to the questions I ask before you pepper them with 1000 questions 

Message 7 of 12
CastaCures
Tutor

Firmware is the most current at V3.2.16.22 and the issue has persisted since I installed the system 3 months ago.  I bought it on 12/8, and I finally got sick of it and tried to find the fix now only to discover my 90 days were up and I have no support.  My neighbors all live far from me so I do not pull their WiFi and it is the only network in the house.  I am in the same room or within 60feet of the routed at all times.  And again the issue occurs even with deviced connected via ethernet.

Message 8 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

So what modem Orbi AX do you have? 

There is a newer version of FW for Orbi AX than what you have. 

Please visit and post about this over in the Orbi AX forum:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Thank you.

Message 9 of 12
CastaCures
Tutor

One User Experience/Configuration:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Most-Stable-Orbi-Configuration/m-p/1941087/highlight/true#M970...

I tried this solution and it seems to have fixed my issue.  At least it seems fixed.  I will give it a while to see if the problem doesn't reapper or persist.  But since changing my settings as instructed in this post, everything has worked without me having to turn off/on the wifi settings on my devices.

Message 10 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure to do a backup configuration to file for safe keeping if it works well for you. Saves time if a reset is needed. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 11 of 12
vajim
Master

@CastaCures wrote:

Firmware is the most current at V3.2.16.22 and the issue has persisted since I installed the system 3 months ago.  I bought it on 12/8, and I finally got sick of it and tried to find the fix now only to discover my 90 days were up and I have no support.  My neighbors all live far from me so I do not pull their WiFi and it is the only network in the house.  I am in the same room or within 60feet of the routed at all times.  And again the issue occurs even with deviced connected via ethernet.

Looks like your post will a better response here

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

enjoy. Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7