Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

My orbi wont connect at all

vsoks4200
Follower

My orbi wont connect at all

Hello,
I just installed my 3 Orbi product as well as 4 additional units.
The main router is hardwired to my modem. And all other 6 units a localised wihtin 300 m2.
When the app starts up it asks to scan my QR code whic i do. Then it generates an ORBI58 wifi network, but this network doesn´t really work. As in, when I test the speed it is zero.
Then the app proceeds to try to connect to other units, but even though the units af just beside the router it doenst find any and just comes up with a screen that maybe the units are too far away, though they are right next to the router.

How can I fix this ?
Nigel

Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: My orbi wont connect at all

What model Orbi do you have? RBK###? 

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

Message 2 of 5
vaoks4200
Aspirant

The model 850 ax

My Home is around 3300 sqm and The svarskrift distance beyween units are around 50 sqm
Apart.
Du you have any suggestions to get the system
Working ?
Message 3 of 5
vaoks4200
Aspirant

The manufacturer is Cisco. The service provider is a company in Denmark
Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

I recommend setting up the RBR and RBS using a wired PC and web browser. 

Power OFF the ISP modem and RBR for 1 minute then back ON after connecting the RBR to the ISP modem. Then walk thru the setup wizard at 192.168.1.1.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series