Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: NETGEAR ORBI connection drops with PS4

FURRYe38
Guru

Even with the other two suggestions? 

Message 26 of 38

I've tried putting the RBS further than 30FT away and it's had issues connecting to the RBR. 

Message 27 of 38
FURRYe38
Guru

What about:

Be sure that CTS and RTS values are changed to 2347 under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Temporarily disable AX mode to see if this helps any. 

Message 28 of 38
Chuck_M
Mentor

@skylinetrain16 wrote:

Firmware is up to date when I checked. Problem still persist if satellite is turned off. 

.16 is not "up to date".

Message 29 of 38
dglsmcd_USMC
Luminary

Give this a try:

1) download the latest firmware for RBK50 here: https://kb.netgear.com/000062062/RBR50-RBS50-Firmware-Version-2-5-1-32 

2) upload the firmware manually-please upload the new firmware to the RBS50 (satellite) FIRST-then to the RBR 50

3) once that is done with both units powered-find the reset hole and use a paper clip, etc. and press and hold for 15-20 sec. The status light should go from green to flashing amber on both units.

4) go through the setup using the Orbi app (DO NOT upload a previous config file to speed up setup) using the suggestions offered by @FURRYe38 

5) once your Orbi system is up and operating normally do this with your PS4/PS4 Pro: Fire up your PS4 Pro and go into the network page where you normally setup your wireless network-when the PS4 Pro finishes scanning for available wireless networks (yours should be available at this point) depress options on your PS4 Pro controller. You will see wifi frequency-select and you will see three choices (Auto, 5GHz only, 2.4GHz only). Obviously Auto is the default so please select 2.4GHz only and complete the setup-PS4 Pro should be connected to the Orbi at this point and under network status reflect 2.4GHz for the wirless frequency. Do a restart on the PS4 Pro and see if the wireless connection is retained-it should. Experiment with the other wireless frequencies (5GHz only, and auto) to see if the PS4 Pro connects to your wireless network and retains the wireless connection after the restart on the PS4 Pro.

@skylinetrain16 

Message 30 of 38

@dglsmcd_USMC thanks for the tips.. putting the PS4 on 2.4GHz did the trick and now the playstation is stable again. I noticed that my Hue hub was also interferring with the signal a bit as it was too close to the satellite. Next step is to move it further away and test that out to make sure its good to go as well. 

Message 31 of 38
FURRYe38
Guru

Let us know if that helps a well. 

Message 32 of 38

2GHz connection was a bit slow. Switched to 5GHz and much better results. Also relocated the Hue hub which has worked fine and caused no issues so far. 

Message 33 of 38
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad it's working better now. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 34 of 38
Seamus12
Tutor

Ever since I hooked up my ps5 (it is hardwired to the Orbi router) my Orbi drops every single day.

I updated the firmware and did a factory reset. Still happens every day.

Does anyone have a solution? It’s NEVER done this before.
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 35 of 38
FURRYe38
Guru

Is the PS wired or wireless? 

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

PS by chance have it's own wifi broadcast? 

If this is the only device causing problems, I recommend you contact Sony and let them know whats going on. Would be a Sony issue they need to review..

@Seamus12 wrote:
Ever since I hooked up my ps5 (it is hardwired to the Orbi router) my Orbi drops every single day.

I updated the firmware and did a factory reset. Still happens every day.

Does anyone have a solution? It’s NEVER done this before.

Message 36 of 38
Seamus12
Tutor

Ps5 is wired
Firmware is the latest v 2.7.2.102
Modem is ARRIS SURFboard SB6183
PS does not have WiFi broadcast
It also happens with the Xbox which is also wired.
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 37 of 38
FURRYe38
Guru

I would ask you to post about this over in the Orbi AC forum.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/bd-p/Orbi

This forum is for the Orbi AX and this thread already solved the PS problem found for this system. FW and HW between Orbi AX and AC is different. 

I'll follow you there and continue to help you out. 

@Seamus12 wrote:
Ps5 is wired
Firmware is the latest v 2.7.2.102
Modem is ARRIS SURFboard SB6183
PS does not have WiFi broadcast
It also happens with the Xbox which is also wired.

Message 38 of 38
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 37 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 11 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7