Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NETGEAR WiFi 6 Orbi AX4200 WiFi 6 (RBS750) sometimes giving "request timed out" in cmd (windows)

1sbl
Follower

NETGEAR WiFi 6 Orbi AX4200 WiFi 6 (RBS750) sometimes giving "request timed out" in cmd (windows)

Hey, I couldn't find any similair problems so I decided to make a subject myself. (For some reason I couldn't find the model while filling this in, router info is in subject). The problem is that, at any random moment, on any normal day, it just does something weird which disconnects me from different servers and takes websites to load much longer. If I run a ping test in cmd (windows), there are some lines that say "request timed out". It even gets as bad as doing the thing in the picture below for hours or days. Using windows or linux makes no difference, same thing if I use different devices or using a LAN cable.

cm1545.PNG

But If I turn our internets provider modem of and on, this problem stops for a few hours or just for the rest of the day. The problem only comes from the orbi routers because I've tested this on the modem aswell, with no problems (note' modem and orbi router is connected by cable). (This issue has been happening for a while now.) I'd be glad if anyone might have any idea whats causing this problem

Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: NETGEAR WiFi 6 Orbi AX4200 WiFi 6 (RBS750) sometimes giving "request timed out" in cmd

19.12.113.37This is indeed just plain wrong.  If you browse this forum, there are dozens of reports of 750 series Orbi's behaving strangely.

Is it correct to assume that the ICMP (ping) tests are being done against public IP addresses (not devices on the local LAN)?

One step people often take (sort of in desperation) is to set the Orbi to use specific DNS servers rather than the ISP provided DNS.

I, myself, use CloudFlare (1.1.1.1) and Google (8.8.8.8).  No specific reason.  I change them from time to time just for fun.

Are the ping tests being done by URL or by IP address.  i.e. ping ford.com vs. ping 19.12.113.37

I'm sure you realize that some places do not respond to ping at all. For example, try:

ping usc.edu vs ping fullerton.edu

One responds. The other "times out" because it has chosen not to respond to ICMP requests.

I see complaints about a recent firmware update on the 750 router. (not having one myself, I have not studied those posts carefully.)

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: NETGEAR WiFi 6 Orbi AX4200 WiFi 6 (RBS750) sometimes giving "request timed out" in cmd

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

How are you testing? wired or wireless to the RBR or RBS? 

@1sbl wrote:

Hey, I couldn't find any similair problems so I decided to make a subject myself. (For some reason I couldn't find the model while filling this in, router info is in subject). The problem is that, at any random moment, on any normal day, it just does something weird which disconnects me from different servers and takes websites to load much longer. If I run a ping test in cmd (windows), there are some lines that say "request timed out". It even gets as bad as doing the thing in the picture below for hours or days. Using windows or linux makes no difference, same thing if I use different devices or using a LAN cable.

cm1545.PNG

But If I turn our internets provider modem of and on, this problem stops for a few hours or just for the rest of the day. The problem only comes from the orbi routers because I've tested this on the modem aswell, with no problems (note' modem and orbi router is connected by cable). (This issue has been happening for a while now.) I'd be glad if anyone might have any idea whats causing this problem

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7