Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Need help with network settings

zanith86
Aspirant

Need help with network settings

This is my current network setup:
Fiber internet connection from AT&T at 1gb up/down enters:
(1) AT&T  BGW-320 500
(2) Only one connection to the BGW-320 500, which is my Netgear Orbi RBR850 on (v.4.6.14.3 firmware)
(3) This Netgear Orbi router is then connected to 1 switch and other various connections.
(4) The switch is connected to my security devices - Eufy  camera and security systems + NAS for recording
(5) The rest are being used connect to different ethernet ports around the house (a and b)
(5a) Is connected to the ethernet jack that feeds to the office computer;
(5b) Is connected to the ethernet port that feeds to the wired backhaul to one of the Orbi Satellites
(6) Other Orbi Satellite is wireless backhauled for the other side of the house.

Currently:
(1) Set the AT&T BGW-320 500 is set to IP Passthrough
 - Disabled firewall protections;
 - Disabled package filters;
 - Set the IP Passthrough through the MAC Address on the ORBI router;
(2) Set the windows firewall ports to be open;

Trying to:
(1) Open the appropriate ports to one of old computers to serve as a server for a game group
(2) Attempted to open the ports and they consistently show as closed;
(3) Ran the server (Ark Survival Ascended) and still does not show up

Need:
(1) What are the next steps I need to take?
(2) Is there a way to host a private server for friends on my current set up of dynamic IP Addresses?

Theories:
(1) I believe there is something in the AT&T BGW-320 500 that is still not allowing me to port forward;
(2) I believe there's also something in the ORBI Router settings that prevents me from opening the appropriate ports

Need help - Been looking through forums and attempting things for half a day now.

Message 1 of 3
zanith86
Aspirant

Re: Need help with network settings

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Need help with network settings

I'd set the Orbi system for AP mode then try and configure the ISP router for your needs.

https://kb.netgear.com/31218/How-do-I-configure-my-Orbi-router-to-act-as-an-access-point and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7LOcJ8GdDo&app=desktop

Make contact with the Mfr for that "Ark Survival Ascended" service since that's there product to see if they can help you configure what's needed. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7