Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Need to daisy chain between Wired Sat 1 to Sat 2 wirelessly. Router too far from Sat 2

JFB04
Follower

Need to daisy chain between Wired Sat 1 to Sat 2 wirelessly. Router too far from Sat 2

I have tried everything to get my system to work without dropping signal intermittently to one of my 2 satelittles.

RBK763S  Brand new.

Initial set up with Sat #1 wired sat and Sat#2 wirelessly all in same room worked fine

Desired position of router in basement, wired Sat 1 on main floor and wireless Sat 2 on upper floor works for maybe 10-20 minutes but then Saat#2 drops out on its own.

Put Sat2 back in basement, connects to router fine.  Put it on main floor and it connects some locations but same issue in other locations,,,initally all good but then drops to "poor" connection.   Multple calls and chats to Netgear only raised my blood pressure with no solution.

All my issues are caused by wireless Sat 2 trying to connect back to router.

Firware latest for all units.  Sat 2 reset to factory and same issue. Good ISP speed and signal (Spectrum).

The only possble sollution I see is daisy chain router to wired sat to wireless sat.

How do I do that?

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Need to daisy chain between Wired Sat 1 to Sat 2 wirelessly. Router too far from Sat 2

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6 is recommended.

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS🛰️ to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite ‌‌🛰

Possible it should work however distances are a factor here.

Basements are not recommended places for the main RBR. Concrete and steel will cause problems for wifi coverage and connections. 

What CAT# LAN cable are you using? CAT6 is recommended. 

Can you ethernet connect both RBS? 

https://kb.netgear.com/000051205/What-is-Ethernet-backhaul-and-how-do-I-set-it-up-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-Sy... 📡

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7