Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Need to extend wifi in garage. I own Orbi Mesh WiFi 6 System - AX4200 - 3 pack (RBK753) in the house

Marie94611
Aspirant

Need to extend wifi in garage. I own Orbi Mesh WiFi 6 System - AX4200 - 3 pack (RBK753) in the house

Hi I own the Orbi Mesh WiFi 6 System - AX4200 - 3 pack (RBK753), purchased in 2020, and have it set up successfully inside my house (8000 sq ft). We just completed the build of a garage, separate from the house, 60 feet away from the house, down a small hill. The house wifi does not reach us inside the garage. Which means I cannot set up the electric car wall charger etc. What is the simplest (and cheapest) way you recommend to extend the house wifi to the new garage considering the Mesh wifi 6 system we own already (incl 1 router and 2 saltellites). Orbi router is plugged into a fiber optic at&t modem.

Message 1 of 3
microchip8
Master

Re: Need to extend wifi in garage. I own Orbi Mesh WiFi 6 System - AX4200 - 3 pack (RBK753) in the h

I don't know about prices/cheapest, but if you can pull cable, you can get an Access Point all the way to the garage. Alternatively, get a WiFi extender. I think the latter is the cheapest.

Message 2 of 3
Marie94611
Aspirant

Re: Need to extend wifi in garage. I own Orbi Mesh WiFi 6 System - AX4200 - 3 pack (RBK753) in the h

Agreed. So my question is: shall I buy an (expensive) additional orb mesh 6 satellite (not sure if they even still sell those anymore , as add-on) for the garage or can I plug in a different brand extender into the fiber optic modem, alongside the Or I router & satellite?
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7