Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Orbi AX4200 WiFi Mesh System (RBK752) doesn't boot after factory reset

KIMVSR
Tutor

Netgear Orbi AX4200 WiFi Mesh System (RBK752) doesn't boot after factory reset

Dear Netgear community,

Could you please help me to understand the following problem:

I bought a Netgear Orbi AX4200 WiFi Mesh System (RBK752) on the secondary market. It was used only for a couple of weeks, so basically it is quite new one.

It had an admin password set and two secret questions, to which I had no answers. I couldn't contact the seller and decided to do a factory reset.

I did everything according to the manual:

KIMVSR_0-1672908504764.png

I pressed the reset button with a paper clip until the small rear power LED indicator began to blink amber. After that, the main front LED indicator began to blink white (pulsing white), which meant that the router was loading. Approximately 30-60 seconds later, the indicator began to glow white (solid white), which meant that the factory settings were being reset:

KIMVSR_0-1672907710232.png

The problem is that the indicator keeps glowing white (solid white) and nothing happens. I thought that factory reset might take longer and left the router in this state overnight, but in the morning the main LED indicator was still on solid white.

I tried several more times to press the reset button and repeat the process, but the result was always the same - the router freezes at the time of the resetting to it's factory default settings. Of course, login through 192.168.1.1 is not possible anymore.

KIMVSR_1-1672907866468.png

Please tell me what could have happened and if there is a solution to this problem? I hope the router is still working and can be restored. Did anyone else had the similar problem with Orbi routers?

Thank you very much in advance.

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
KIMVSR
Tutor

Re: Netgear Orbi AX4200 WiFi Mesh System (RBK752) doesn't boot after factory reset

I hardwired a PC to the router and was able to connect through 192.168.1.1. Then it was a matter of the setup. I don't know why it didn't work yesterday in that way, but today it helped. Thank for your support on this matter.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7

All Replies
KIMVSR
Tutor

Re: Netgear Orbi AX4200 WiFi Mesh System (RBK752) doesn't boot after factory reset

The correct product is Orbi RBK753.

A screenshot from the invoice:

KIMVSR_0-1672913286666.png

Message 2 of 7
plemans
Guru

What modem/gateway is the router connected to? 

If you hardwire a pc/laptop into the router, can you access it that route? 

Is it broadcasting an ssid at all? 

Message 3 of 7
KIMVSR
Tutor

Problem solved. Thank you!

Message 4 of 7
plemans
Guru

What fixed it? (in case others have the same issue)

And you can mark it solved so others aren't still trying to fix it 🙂 

(a backup is also a good idea)

Message 5 of 7
KIMVSR
Tutor

I hardwired a PC to the router and was able to connect through 192.168.1.1. Then it was a matter of the setup. I don't know why it didn't work yesterday in that way, but today it helped. Thank for your support on this matter.

Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7