Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Orbi AX4200

JRiffle
Follower

Netgear Orbi AX4200

Got a Sleep Number Bed and have the Sleep IQ App but not able to pair due to Sleep IQ not able to connect to 5G. Checked with Spectrum Internet Provider who send commands to reset the modem. Evidently, Orbi isn't pushing out both 5G and 2.4. Need help with getting the 2G band "pushed" out so app can see it and connect to it.

Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Netgear Orbi AX4200

So you might want to also change the power output of the 5Ghz radio to 25%. Then connect your mobile device at a distance from the RBR to ensure the mobile phone keeps connected to the 2.4Ghz radio. After you get the IoT device connected, re-configure the system back to where it was. Turn OFF the RBS during this process to ensure your mobile device connects only to the RBR on 2.4Ghz. 

Message 2 of 6
gary_lee
Aspirant

Same problem with Sleep Number here. RBR750. I've tried disabling 5ghz and shutting off my sattelite, no luck.

This worked fine earlier.

Gary

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

I would contact the mfr of this devices and get help from them on there product. 

Might temporarily disable WPA security on the RBR, and see if the device connects. Re-enable WPA or mixed mode WPA/WPA2 and see what happens. 

@gary_lee wrote:

Same problem with Sleep Number here. RBR750. I've tried disabling 5ghz and shutting off my sattelite, no luck.

This worked fine earlier.

Gary

Message 4 of 6
gary_lee
Aspirant

Yup, I've already worked with Sleep Number. I'm pretty sure it's their problem, introduced in a software update.

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Hopefully they can fix it. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements