Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Orbi LAN Aggregation - Multiple 1 Gb ports on Router -> Multiple 1 Gb ports on Switch

btstone4
Tutor

Netgear Orbi LAN Aggregation - Multiple 1 Gb ports on Router -> Multiple 1 Gb ports on Switch

Is it possible setup LAN aggregation between the Netgear Orbi 960 Series Router and a Netgear switch (any managed switch with at least 3 ports that can be aggregated). The plan would be to connect three 1Gb ports on switch to the three 1Gb ports on Orbi router.

Side question: I'm not a networking guru by any means, but why can't the router be designed to handle 10Gb over all ports? It seems like that would make life more simple.

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Netgear Orbi LAN Aggregation - Multiple 1 Gb ports on Router -> Multiple 1 Gb ports on Switc

Not 100% but my understanding is the port aggregation on the 9 series is just wan side. 

Again, not 100%. 

But you could always get a switch with a 2.5gig port that support lan aggregation. 

In regards to the 10gig port issue is 10gig ports are much more expensive than 1gig ports. 

Message 2 of 3
btstone4
Tutor

Re: Netgear Orbi LAN Aggregation - Multiple 1 Gb ports on Router -> Multiple 1 Gb ports on Switc

Gotcha. That makes since about the 10gb port costs.
I looked at the user manual and it only mentioned WAN aggregation from modem to router, but sometimes user manuals don’t cover all features so I figured I would ask on here.
Thank you for the reply.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7