Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Network map changes and satellite glowing blue

Neville58
Aspirant

Network map changes and satellite glowing blue

Hi, I'm new to this community but hoping someone can shed some light on this strange issue.

RBR850 - FW V4.6.3.16 and both RBS850 have FW V4.6.3.16

Orbi App is V2.11.6.0 on iPhone

Since installation about 6 months ago, everthing has been great, the perfomance of this set up has provided me with excellent service and connectiny for all my devices.

However, just a couple of days ago, I noticed that one of the RBS850 units was glowing blue. I checked on the App and saw that the network map layout has changed from being the RBR connecting directly to both RBS units in a 'star' format, to now showing the RBR connecting in a 'serial' format to the first RBS and then from that RBS to the next RBS? I also noticed that the connection lines shown on the network map keep changing from solid lines to dotted lines?

Thanks in advance for any insights on this.

Message 1 of 9
Neville58
Aspirant

Re: Network map changes and satellite glowing blue

IMG_8441.PNGIMG_8440.PNG

Message 2 of 9
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Neville58

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

Here's a reference What do the lines and colors in the Orbi Network Map meanhttps://kb.netgear.com/000061800/

For iOS:
Solid line: Ethernet connection
Dashed line: WiFi connection
Green dot: Connected
Amber dot: Poor connection
Magenta dot: Not connected

Is the "Study" Satellite connected to the router via wired or wireless? 

Please turn off both router and satellite and check if it will change the status. 

For comparison, kindly access router Web UI > Attached devices and check Satellite connection status. 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 3 of 9
jmbach
Aspirant

I have the same thing since the last software update. Power cycling the whole system does not solve the issue.
Message 4 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Try a reset of the RBR and RBS, leave off for 1 hour or do this over night then setup in the morning. See if a longer power off cycle helps with a reset. Press the reset button for 15 seconds then release. Pull the power adapter after the front LED starts rto blinnk WHITE.

@jmbach wrote:
I have the same thing since the last software update. Power cycling the whole system does not solve the issue.

Message 5 of 9
busjen
Aspirant

I have the same problem with the satellite glowing blue sometimes, this problem came with the last update
Message 6 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Try a reset of the RBR and RBS, leave off for 1 hour or do this over night then setup in the morning. See if a longer power off cycle helps with a reset. Press the reset button for 15 seconds then release. Pull the power adapter after the front LED starts rto blinnk WHITE.

@busjen wrote:
I have the same problem with the satellite glowing blue sometimes, this problem came with the last update

Message 7 of 9
jmbach
Aspirant

Well a system reset is the last thing that I want to do unless there are no other options.  My system uses a wireless backhaul and prior to the update, had noticed no operational changes up until the latest update.

After some experimentation it seems to have resolved for now.

After the last update (4.6.3.16) my RBS850 had a solid blue light that did not go out.  It will a couple of times a week revert to flashing white followed by the constant blue light.  The RBR850 acted normal.  

Tried power cycling the system a couple of times which did not resolve the problem.  What worked for me was to connect the RBR850 and RBS850 via a wired backhaul. Now the RBS850 is acting like it should with the blue light going off after a short while.  When I have the time, will see if the wireless backhaul will revert back to the original problem or continue to work.

Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Try a reset of the RBR and RBS and setup up from scratch. I'd leave the system OFF for 1 hour if you can then setup. 

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7