Reply

New - RBK752/753 Firmware Version 4.6.3.7 Released

FURRYe38
Guru

Re: New - RBK752/753 Firmware Version 4.6.3.7 Released

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/RBK750-Series-Firmware-Update-v4-6-3-7/m-p/2133893/highligh...


@Timothy88 wrote:

I have an RBK752 system running firmware version 4.6.3.7 and am seeing the router disconnect and turn magenta. I have a wired connection to the router and am unable to connect to any devices on the LAN or access the internet while in this state. If I launch the app it shows the status of the router to be red/disconnected.  I can recover by using the Orbi app on my phone and rebooting the router once the router reboots then everything is good.   Is this yet another problem with the firmware? Any ideas on what may help stabalize this or do I have to go back to my time capsule until Netgear can get it fixed? Any ideas on when Netgear will be releasing a fix for this debacle of an update?


 

My Setup ISP SparkLight | Internet Cable 1000↓/50↑ CAX80 Modem Mode |  Wifi Router MK83+ (Router Mode) | and RBK853 (Router Mode) | Switches NG GS105/8, GS308v3, GS110MX and XS505M | Additional NG HW: C7800/CAX80/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi: CBK40, CBK752, RBK50, RBK853, RBK752, RBK953, SXK30 | NightHawk: MK63, MR6150, R7000, R7800, R7960P, R8000, R8500, R9000, RAXE500, RAX50, XR450, XR700, XR1000, EX7500/EX7700

Message 301 of 525
Gatorade2000
Apprentice

Re: New - RBK752/753 Firmware Version 4.6.3.7 Released

All the 300 posts are about this. return your orbi as it may crap up on you when you need the most.
Message 302 of 525
Timothy88
Luminary

Re: New - RBK752/753 Firmware Version 4.6.3.7 Released

In other words just go back to my 10 year old time capsule.

Airport Extreme routing 750 running in AP mode.
Message 303 of 525
Atllaw
Star

Re: New - RBK752/753 Firmware Version 4.6.3.7 Released

Or just buy something else without the problems. Or you can spend hours trying to figure out the problem and then return it in a couple of weeks. Wondered how many of these have been sent back to Amazon and Costco over the past month?
Message 304 of 525
Timothy88
Luminary

Re: New - RBK752/753 Firmware Version 4.6.3.7 Released

Netgear should be compensating us for all of this wasted time. What a terrible release, the develpoers and QC should be ashamed of themselves for a release this troublesome.
It’s a shame Apple got out of the router business.
Airport Extreme routing 750 running in AP mode.
Message 305 of 525
Atllaw
Star

Re: New - RBK752/753 Firmware Version 4.6.3.7 Released

The best I can see them offer is a year free support (which was worthless in this instance since they couldn’t fix it either) or some free Armor or Parental controls subscription for a period of time.
Message 306 of 525
Timothy88
Luminary

Re: New - RBK752/753 Firmware Version 4.6.3.7 Released

Yeah again both basically worthless. 

Airport Extreme routing 750 running in AP mode.
Message 307 of 525
Renegade5150
Tutor

Re: New - RBK752/753 Firmware Version 4.6.3.7 Released

I’m in the same boat here. Wanting to trash this system and get a Ubiquity system instead. It’s too bad because up until this crappy firmware update things have been fairly fast and stable. Now my satellites keep flashing blue which means I have to reboot the entire system! Frustrating!!
Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 308 of 525
wjbridge
Star

Re: New - RBK752/753 Firmware Version 4.6.3.7 Released


@Renegade5150 wrote:
I’m in the same boat here. Wanting to trash this system and get a Ubiquity system instead. It’s too bad because up until this crappy firmware update things have been fairly fast and stable. Now my satellites keep flashing blue which means I have to reboot the entire system! Frustrating!!

I completely agree. I have achieved stability by downgrading the firmware on both Router and Satellite. I have to say NG has lost me as a customer for any future products. The only reason I am paining this out is that I cannot return it because I bought it through the NG website. I would love to put in a Ubiquity system. I wish they were not so expensive lol. Anybody have any experience with their AmpliFi routers?

Message 309 of 525
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: New - RBK752/753 Firmware Version 4.6.3.7 Released

Try this:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/RBK750-Series-Firmware-Update-v4-6-3-7/m-p/2130584/highligh...


@wjbridge wrote:

@Renegade5150 wrote:
I’m in the same boat here. Wanting to trash this system and get a Ubiquity system instead. It’s too bad because up until this crappy firmware update things have been fairly fast and stable. Now my satellites keep flashing blue which means I have to reboot the entire system! Frustrating!!

I completely agree. I have achieved stability by downgrading the firmware on both Router and Satellite. I have to say NG has lost me as a customer for any future products. The only reason I am paining this out is that I cannot return it because I bought it through the NG website. I would love to put in a Ubiquity system. I wish they were not so expensive lol. Anybody have any experience with their AmpliFi routers?


 

My Setup ISP SparkLight | Internet Cable 1000↓/50↑ CAX80 Modem Mode |  Wifi Router MK83+ (Router Mode) | and RBK853 (Router Mode) | Switches NG GS105/8, GS308v3, GS110MX and XS505M | Additional NG HW: C7800/CAX80/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi: CBK40, CBK752, RBK50, RBK853, RBK752, RBK953, SXK30 | NightHawk: MK63, MR6150, R7000, R7800, R7960P, R8000, R8500, R9000, RAXE500, RAX50, XR450, XR700, XR1000, EX7500/EX7700

Message 310 of 525
jdk1120
Star

Re: New - RBK752/753 Firmware Version 4.6.3.7 Released

How/where did you find the old firmware, and how did you keep the system from auto updating to the current problematic one?
(apologies if this has been said before)
Message 311 of 525
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: New - RBK752/753 Firmware Version 4.6.3.7 Released

All FW files are on NG download page for the 7 or 8 series systems.

 

How to prevent auto update:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/RBK750-Series-Firmware-Update-v4-6-3-7/m-p/2131307/highligh...


@jdk1120 wrote:
How/where did you find the old firmware, and how did you keep the system from auto updating to the current problematic one?
(apologies if this has been said before)

 

My Setup ISP SparkLight | Internet Cable 1000↓/50↑ CAX80 Modem Mode |  Wifi Router MK83+ (Router Mode) | and RBK853 (Router Mode) | Switches NG GS105/8, GS308v3, GS110MX and XS505M | Additional NG HW: C7800/CAX80/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi: CBK40, CBK752, RBK50, RBK853, RBK752, RBK953, SXK30 | NightHawk: MK63, MR6150, R7000, R7800, R7960P, R8000, R8500, R9000, RAXE500, RAX50, XR450, XR700, XR1000, EX7500/EX7700

Message 312 of 525
wjbridge
Star

Re: New - RBK752/753 Firmware Version 4.6.3.7 Released


@jdk1120 wrote:
How/where did you find the old firmware, and how did you keep the system from auto updating to the current problematic one?
(apologies if this has been said before)

See https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/New-RBK752-753-Firmware-Version-4-6-3-7-Released/m-p/213189...

Message 313 of 525
AK_NG
Tutor

Re: New - RBK752/753 Firmware Version 4.6.3.7 Released

I recently bought this new WIFI 6 Mesh system from costco and in couple of days the FW version got updated to new version 4.x .Since then the speed for download speeds dropped significently and in mid 500 Mbps where as the upload speeds have consistent at 930 Mbps .

When I did the speed test before the FW upgrade I was getting fantastic speeds at 900's (before Netgear automatically updated next - dah!) 

 

I have a Verizon Fios gigabit internet and I was able to verify the speeds directly from VZ modem and speeds were in 900 mbps for both download & upload speeds.

Configuration: Verizon fios model --> Orbi RBR750 router --> 2 Orbi RBS750 Satellites.

Since the update the download speeds are in mid 500 mbps ,strange enough the upload speeds were consistenly in 930 mbps . I have tried factory restore option to atleast get the old firmware where I was able to see faster download speeds but unfortonately that was short lived since netgear automatically updated the firware to ver 4.x and facing the slowness again.I contacted netgear support and they spend hours doing the same steps I did to reset and do bunch of conf updates which were useless .It feels like they are shooting darts in dark and have no clue what the root cause is and wasting time.

Funny thing is they had the ticket open and after a week they did not even contact me/fix the issue and closed the ticket -- > This product was purchased and it's not even a month and they have shown the true "customer support" service.

Bad quality controls and despite the consumer complaints , there is no response from netgear.

Hope this helps others before buying the netgear products

 

Message 314 of 525
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: New - RBK752/753 Firmware Version 4.6.3.7 Released

How were you testing speeds? Orbi app or RBR built in speed test?


@AK_NG wrote:

I recently bought this new WIFI 6 Mesh system from costco and in couple of days the FW version got updated to new version 4.x .Since then the speed for download speeds dropped significently and in mid 500 Mbps where as the upload speeds have consistent at 930 Mbps .

When I did the speed test before the FW upgrade I was getting fantastic speeds at 900's (before Netgear automatically updated next - dah!) 

 

I have a Verizon Fios gigabit internet and I was able to verify the speeds directly from VZ modem and speeds were in 900 mbps for both download & upload speeds.

Configuration: Verizon fios model --> Orbi RBR750 router --> 2 Orbi RBS750 Satellites.

Since the update the download speeds are in mid 500 mbps ,strange enough the upload speeds were consistenly in 930 mbps . I have tried factory restore option to atleast get the old firmware where I was able to see faster download speeds but unfortonately that was short lived since netgear automatically updated the firware to ver 4.x and facing the slowness again.I contacted netgear support and they spend hours doing the same steps I did to reset and do bunch of conf updates which were useless .It feels like they are shooting darts in dark and have no clue what the root cause is and wasting time.

Funny thing is they had the ticket open and after a week they did not even contact me/fix the issue and closed the ticket -- > This product was purchased and it's not even a month and they have shown the true "customer support" service.

Bad quality controls and despite the consumer complaints , there is no response from netgear.

Hope this helps others before buying the netgear products

 


 

My Setup ISP SparkLight | Internet Cable 1000↓/50↑ CAX80 Modem Mode |  Wifi Router MK83+ (Router Mode) | and RBK853 (Router Mode) | Switches NG GS105/8, GS308v3, GS110MX and XS505M | Additional NG HW: C7800/CAX80/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi: CBK40, CBK752, RBK50, RBK853, RBK752, RBK953, SXK30 | NightHawk: MK63, MR6150, R7000, R7800, R7960P, R8000, R8500, R9000, RAXE500, RAX50, XR450, XR700, XR1000, EX7500/EX7700

Message 315 of 525
Gatorade2000
Apprentice

Re: New - RBK752/753 Firmware Version 4.6.3.7 Released

Furry, why the question. This is known fact that max speed by app or built in speed test(routerlogin/orbilogin) reduces to 600s
Message 316 of 525
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: New - RBK752/753 Firmware Version 4.6.3.7 Released

Checking the speed test method as others mentioned that speed testing thru a external app and wired connection results in seeing to spec speeds. Something I've seen myself. Yes it's known that the built in speed test app and Orbi app are reporting inaccurate results vs external apps report to spec speeds. Some users posting about this issue may not know about this. This doesn't mean the entire system is bad, just the speed testing of these apps is the problem. Doean't really effect over all performance. NG is aware of this as I believe someone said already they mentioned the issue to them thru support contact lines. 


@Gatorade2000 wrote:
Furry, why the question. This is known fact that max speed by app or built in speed test(routerlogin/orbilogin) reduces to 600s

 

My Setup ISP SparkLight | Internet Cable 1000↓/50↑ CAX80 Modem Mode |  Wifi Router MK83+ (Router Mode) | and RBK853 (Router Mode) | Switches NG GS105/8, GS308v3, GS110MX and XS505M | Additional NG HW: C7800/CAX80/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi: CBK40, CBK752, RBK50, RBK853, RBK752, RBK953, SXK30 | NightHawk: MK63, MR6150, R7000, R7800, R7960P, R8000, R8500, R9000, RAXE500, RAX50, XR450, XR700, XR1000, EX7500/EX7700

Message 317 of 525
Gatorade2000
Apprentice

Re: New - RBK752/753 Firmware Version 4.6.3.7 Released

speedtest on a web browser is accurate only if directly connected with an ethernet cable to the router. No third party app is reporting close speeds otherwise(on wireless)
Message 318 of 525
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: New - RBK752/753 Firmware Version 4.6.3.7 Released

I found that web browsers can effect speeds as well. Sometimes all those Ads cause slow downs. I prefer to use Ooklas speed test app for Windows and Mac for best accurate speed testing:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/RBR850-RBS850-4-6-3-9-Firmware-problem/m-p/2134349/highligh...

My Setup ISP SparkLight | Internet Cable 1000↓/50↑ CAX80 Modem Mode |  Wifi Router MK83+ (Router Mode) | and RBK853 (Router Mode) | Switches NG GS105/8, GS308v3, GS110MX and XS505M | Additional NG HW: C7800/CAX80/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi: CBK40, CBK752, RBK50, RBK853, RBK752, RBK953, SXK30 | NightHawk: MK63, MR6150, R7000, R7800, R7960P, R8000, R8500, R9000, RAXE500, RAX50, XR450, XR700, XR1000, EX7500/EX7700

Message 319 of 525
AK_NG
Tutor

Re: New - RBK752/753 Firmware Version 4.6.3.7 Released

To keep it very simple , All my speed tests for orbi were from wire/ethernet cable plugged to the RBR750 router that's connected to Verizon modem.

I used the Ookla site via browser on my desktop connected via ethernet- this was what netgear support also mentioned and not use either of the speed tests that come in orbi app or web gui although I have seen very similar results on those as well for speed tests.
Message 320 of 525
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: New - RBK752/753 Firmware Version 4.6.3.7 Released

Hopefully NG is fixing this on there side. 

Seems maybe they are starting too. I beleve it was mentioned that this was NG cloud issue that is something that is nof fixed in FW, rather on there services. 

My Setup ISP SparkLight | Internet Cable 1000↓/50↑ CAX80 Modem Mode |  Wifi Router MK83+ (Router Mode) | and RBK853 (Router Mode) | Switches NG GS105/8, GS308v3, GS110MX and XS505M | Additional NG HW: C7800/CAX80/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi: CBK40, CBK752, RBK50, RBK853, RBK752, RBK953, SXK30 | NightHawk: MK63, MR6150, R7000, R7800, R7960P, R8000, R8500, R9000, RAXE500, RAX50, XR450, XR700, XR1000, EX7500/EX7700

Message 321 of 525
PhredP
Aspirant

Re: New - RBK752/753 Firmware Version 4.6.3.7 Released

I have been using a Cisco 2 line ATA voip device with Voicepulse without problems for many years.  With this new bios, the ATA will only register and connect if it is in the DMZ. Once registered, if moved out of the DMZ, it can call out, but won't receive calls.

 

The "Disable SIP ALG" box is checked.  

 

Is anyone else having an issue with voip on this new Orbi RBR750 bios?

Message 322 of 525
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: New - RBK752/753 Firmware Version 4.6.3.7 Released

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

 

"The "Disable SIP ALG" box is checked" something you changed or has then been always like this? What happens if you take the check mark out and apply the change for this feature with the VoIP device no in the DMZ? 

 

You can leave the VoIP device in the DMZ, won't be a risk. Something I've done before. 

 

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last firmware update? 


@PhredP wrote:

I have been using a Cisco 2 line ATA voip device with Voicepulse without problems for many years.  With this new bios, the ATA will only register and connect if it is in the DMZ. Once registered, if moved out of the DMZ, it can call out, but won't receive calls.

 

The "Disable SIP ALG" box is checked.  

 

Is anyone else having an issue with voip on this new Orbi RBR750 bios?


 

My Setup ISP SparkLight | Internet Cable 1000↓/50↑ CAX80 Modem Mode |  Wifi Router MK83+ (Router Mode) | and RBK853 (Router Mode) | Switches NG GS105/8, GS308v3, GS110MX and XS505M | Additional NG HW: C7800/CAX80/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi: CBK40, CBK752, RBK50, RBK853, RBK752, RBK953, SXK30 | NightHawk: MK63, MR6150, R7000, R7800, R7960P, R8000, R8500, R9000, RAXE500, RAX50, XR450, XR700, XR1000, EX7500/EX7700

Message 323 of 525
PhredP
Aspirant

Re: New - RBK752/753 Firmware Version 4.6.3.7 Released

Thank you for the quick response.  The "Disable SIP ALG" was always checked (unless I was checking alternatives).

 

I just rebooted the voip ATA after switching it out of the DMZ.  And after a week of tech support emails and changing firmware and configurations on the ATA.  They got it working in DMZ, then it couldn't receive calls when switch out of the DMZ.  I just rebooted the ATA, and that seems to have fixed everything, at last.

 

If problems return, the ATA will go back in the DMZ.

 

So for now, I am treating this problem as solved......

Message 324 of 525
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: New - RBK752/753 Firmware Version 4.6.3.7 Released

Ok kewl. Glad it's working again. Sometimes VoIP can be picky. Keep an eye on it. 

 

Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy.

My Setup ISP SparkLight | Internet Cable 1000↓/50↑ CAX80 Modem Mode |  Wifi Router MK83+ (Router Mode) | and RBK853 (Router Mode) | Switches NG GS105/8, GS308v3, GS110MX and XS505M | Additional NG HW: C7800/CAX80/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi: CBK40, CBK752, RBK50, RBK853, RBK752, RBK953, SXK30 | NightHawk: MK63, MR6150, R7000, R7800, R7960P, R8000, R8500, R9000, RAXE500, RAX50, XR450, XR700, XR1000, EX7500/EX7700

Message 325 of 525
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E