Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New - RBR350 / RBS350 Firmware Version 4.4.1.29 Released

FURRYe38
Guru

Ok. Ya anything connected to the RBS should cause a problem with the RBS. 

Keep us posted.

Message 51 of 65
Gider1989
Aspirant

Unfortunately no luck. Even after getting a cat 6. Now my original issue of constant reboots has returned. Will phone netgear on my next day off. I regret my purchase so far.
Message 52 of 65
FURRYe38
Guru

Possible faulty system. I'd ask about an RMA.

@KevinLiT 

Message 53 of 65
Gider1989
Aspirant

Update. Had a work colleague cone round from the I.T department. I know have a stable wifi connection. Ive had to use powerline adapters for the satellite box. Seems to be the only way. Looking at replacing the entire system. Unfortunate
Message 54 of 65
alternet
Tutor

@FURRYe38 wrote:

New Features and Enhancements: 08/09/2022

• Admin password strength enforcement
  • Admin password brute force attack prevention

How is this possible that "Admin password strength enforcement" if I can only log on m RBS350 using the standard user/password (admin/password). It does not take over the password from RBR and its web interface does not offer an option to change this default password.

Please od make change in this area asap!!!

Message 55 of 65
FURRYe38
Guru

That's be cause the RBS hasn't properly synced to the RBR and hasn't got the log in information change from the RBR. You'll need to troubleshoot that to resolve what your seeing. 

"Please od make" ? Huh?

No change in FW needed. 

@alternet wrote:

How is this possible that "Admin password strength enforcement" if I can only log on m RBS350 using the standard user/password (admin/password). It does not take over the password from RBR and its web interface does not offer an option to change this default password.

Please od make change in this area asap!!!

Message 56 of 65
FURRYe38
Guru

You might contact NG support ask ask for additional help on that.

@Gider1989 wrote:
Update. Had a work colleague cone round from the I.T department. I know have a stable wifi connection. Ive had to use powerline adapters for the satellite box. Seems to be the only way. Looking at replacing the entire system. Unfortunate

Message 57 of 65
Jose_394
Aspirant

The RBR350 has 3 big issues, very annoying at any system

Finally decide to go for another systems.

1) FireStick didn't connect well in many cases. In Spain, RBR350 choose DFS Channel 108, which is not accepted by FireStick.

FireStick not connects to middle–range DFS channels (52–144) in the 5GHz band, only connecting to channels on either ends (36–48 and 149–161) of the spectrum.

And I CANNOT CHANGE to another Channel in RBR350.

2) Wifi 2.4 and 5GHz SSID cannot be split in 2, to force connections.

3) You cannot choose which satellites are connected all devices. Then, sometimes, devices decide to connect to lowest power signal or signal far away, because it detects first. You cannot change it manually.

This are typical problems in a house.

Perhaps not so technical, but very annoying for the normal user.

I think ORBI should be more flexible with the setting options.

Regards,

Jose

Message 58 of 65
FURRYe38
Guru

@Jose_394 wrote:

The RBR350 has 3 big issues, very annoying at any system

Finally decide to go for another systems.

1) FireStick didn't connect well in many cases. In Spain, RBR350 choose DFS Channel 108, which is not accepted by FireStick.

FireStick not connects to middle–range DFS channels (52–144) in the 5GHz band, only connecting to channels on either ends (36–48 and 149–161) of the spectrum.

And I CANNOT CHANGE to another Channel in RBR350.

Orbi AX systems only support front haul 5Ghz channel changes 36 thru 48. All other higher channels are used for the wifi BACKHAUL connection between the RBR and RBS. THis is how MESH systems work. Not user changable. I use 40 all the time and works well. 

2) Wifi 2.4 and 5GHz SSID cannot be split in 2, to force connections.

Orbi systems have never allowed the SSID to be split. Due to complexitity of the system and wifi, this remains a closed featured. Keep an eye on future FW updates however. 

3) You cannot choose which satellites are connected all devices. Then, sometimes, devices decide to connect to lowest power signal or signal far away, because it detects first. You cannot change it manually.

Due to how client devices work and operation. They choose where to connect based on signal level, noise and interference. Placement of RBR and RBS and distances is very important. You can adjust the power level on the system to help steer devices from say the RBR to the nearest RBS. 

This are typical problems in a house.

Perhaps not so technical, but very annoying for the normal user.

I think ORBI should be more flexible with the setting options.

Technology can only do so much. Many factors and varioables surround wifi and wifi MESH systems

Message 59 of 65
d4v1d3
Aspirant

Rif.: New - RBR350 / RBS350 Firmware Version 4.4.1.29 Released

I don't understand why a new firmware hasn't been released after more than a year..

Message 60 of 65
FURRYe38
Guru

Rif.: New - RBR350 / RBS350 Firmware Version 4.4.1.29 Released

Im sure theres one in the line.

Message 61 of 65
d4v1d3
Aspirant

unfortunately I have the "loser" series RBK350.. although it is a new product, it has no longer had software support for 1 and a half years..

Message 62 of 65
FURRYe38
Guru

Ya been a while. I'll see if I can get some info. 

Message 63 of 65
d4v1d3
Aspirant

any fresh news on new updates? 

Message 64 of 65
FURRYe38
Guru

If there is a major security issue, then I presume NG will put that forth. Otherwise, the 350 it is what it is. 

Message 65 of 65
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 64 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 10 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7