Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New - RBR750 / RBS750 Firmware Version 4.6.11.1 Released

FURRYe38
Guru

New - RBR750 / RBS750 Firmware Version 4.6.11.1 Released

Enhancements: 10/06/2022

• Add Canada region support for RBK65x series Orbi systems. (RBR750 with RBS350)

Security Fixes:

• Fixes security vulnerabilities.

For more information about security vulnerabilities, visit https://www.netgear.com/about/security.

Download Link:

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/rbk752.aspx#download

Please navigate to the link below for step-by-step instructions on how to update your RBR750/RBS750:

https://kb.netgear.com/31573/How-do-I-manually-upgrade-firmware-on-my-Orbi-router-using-orbilogin-co...

https://kb.netgear.com/000037217/How-do-I-check-and-manually-upgrade-the-firmware-on-my-Orbi-satelli...

NOTE: Orbi app or the routers web page may not report seeing new FW updates. NG may not push this to there auto update services immediately and may activate the newer FW update being seen on there auto update services at a later time. User will have the choice to manually update if you want too.

NOTE: The Disable Auto Update feature only prevents ANY new FW from being installed if available. This does NOT prevent the system from checking NG services to see if new FW is available. If new FW is available, this will be displayed as a notification to the user on the RBRs web page only. It will be up to the user to upgrade FW or not. 

A factory reset maybe needed if problems are encountered after the FW update:

https://kb.netgear.com/31486/How-do-I-reset-my-Orbi-system-to-factory-default-settings

I recommend configuring the default DHCP IP address (LAN) pool range to 192.168.1.100 thru .200 on the RBR if you have less than 100 devices online at one time. 

This article applies to:

Let us know how it works for you...

Message 3 of 28
RockTheGlobe
Guide

@FURRYe38 wrote:

You might downgrade and report your findings. 

FWIW, upgrading to FW 4.6.11.1 solved some of the lag I was experiencing with 4.6.9.11.  Now, when I call up websites or put in a destination on Google Maps, I don’t see the several seconds of wait time as the progress bar crawls across the screen, nor do I see the “offline” travel time on Google Maps with an updated “live” travel time a few seconds later.

Message 1 of 28
FURRYe38
Guru

Good to hear. 

Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

@RockTheGlobe wrote:

FWIW, upgrading to FW 4.6.11.1 solved some of the lag I was experiencing with 4.6.9.11.  Now, when I call up websites or put in a destination on Google Maps, I don’t see the several seconds of wait time as the progress bar crawls across the screen, nor do I see the “offline” travel time on Google Maps with an updated “live” travel time a few seconds later.

Message 2 of 28
Mastra11
Apprentice

I didn't restore anything because it works fine with this firmware too, I only noticed this today. However I restarted everything and turned on in sequence RBR then the First RBS and finally the last RBS and the NETGEAR-GUEST network no longer sees itself as right because I have never activated it.

Message 4 of 28
Theobuck
Apprentice

Has anyone reported issues Firmware Version 4.6.11.1 for RBR750? I had some WI-FI and wired devices that had connection issues. I flashed the older version and restored the previous backup. Connectivity seems better.

Message 5 of 28
FURRYe38
Guru

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed after applying last FW update?

@Theobuck wrote:

Has anyone reported issues Firmware Version 4.6.11.1 for RBR750? I had some WI-FI and wired devices that had connection issues. I flashed the older version and restored the previous backup. Connectivity seems better.

Message 6 of 28
brysoncreighton
Aspirant

I'm having trouble manaully updating my devices to the new firmware. The update system fails to upload the file to the browser before allowing to update the device. Screenshot attached.

I've verified I'm using the proper file for my router and satellite "RBR750-V4.6.11.1_2.3.6-signed.chk" and "RBS750-V4.6.11.1-signed.chk"; however, after multiple attempts and restarting of devices I'm having no success. Anyone else experiencing this or have a potential solution?

I'm hoping this firmware update solves some of the random drops and delays I've been experiencing since the last firmware update. Seems like many users have reported good results. My router sits about 3 feet from my main PC and I can often drop connection or see significant packet loss.

Message 7 of 28
FURRYe38
Guru

What browser are you using? Try MS Edge or Firefox. 

Clear out all browser caches before entering into the RBS or RBR web pages.

I saw this same message however I had sent the wrong file to the wrong unit by accident. Be sure you update the RBS first with the RBS FW file, then the RBR lastly with the RBR FW file. Use the RBS web pages to send the FW file. 

Try a different PC and download the FW files again to the PC and unpack them. Be sure to NOT open the .chk files. 

@brysoncreighton wrote:

I'm having trouble manaully updating my devices to the new firmware. The update system fails to upload the file to the browser before allowing to update the device. Screenshot attached.

I've verified I'm using the proper file for my router and satellite "RBR750-V4.6.11.1_2.3.6-signed.chk" and "RBS750-V4.6.11.1-signed.chk"; however, after multiple attempts and restarting of devices I'm having no success. Anyone else experiencing this or have a potential solution?

I'm hoping this firmware update solves some of the random drops and delays I've been experiencing since the last firmware update. Seems like many users have reported good results. My router sits about 3 feet from my main PC and I can often drop connection or see significant packet loss.

Message 8 of 28
tucsontico
Virtuoso

Have not updated to 4.6.11.1 yet. Asking if anyone experienced the Guest Network turning on by itself in Ver 4.6.9.11_2.3.5? That has been the only issue with the previous firmware for me. Have had over 60 days of uptime with minimal impacts on firmware 4.6.9.11. Don't want to update unless the latest fixes the Guest Network bug. Anyone seen this bug in 4.6.11.1?

Message 9 of 28
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 10 of 28
anakin_ch
Aspirant

Hello,
Since weeks I have a bug with my orbi system and my Mac. Sometimes during 1-2 hours the connection is so poor between RBS and my computer, even drop the connection. With a Windows just next to me no problem.
Has anyone experienced the same problem?
Many thanks
Message 11 of 28
anakin_ch
Aspirant

Just to clarify I’ve just updated to this last version.
Message 12 of 28
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6 is recommended. 

What Mac device do you have?

What OS are you using on the Mac device? 

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite 📡

Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only.

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and router been performed since last update?
Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:
Turn off and unplug modem.
Turn off router and computers.
Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on computers and rest of network.

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update?

@anakin_ch wrote:
Just to clarify I’ve just updated to this last version.

Message 13 of 28
anakin_ch
Aspirant

Hello, I have V4.6.11.1_2.3.6 installed. I tried everything what you mention and it seems to be much better.

I've tried to position differently the satellites and restart everything.

Many Thks I will keep you informed if it's not staying like that.

B.

Message 14 of 28
FURRYe38
Guru

👍

Message 15 of 28
bensanford
Guide

From above you wrote:

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and router been performed since last update?

I have a couple of questions to clarify the above recommendation

When turning on router - should router be turned on before the satellites, or does it matter?

I have a couple of wired bridges connected to the main router, since I am trying to be hard-wired as much as possible.  Should those be turned on after the router, but before turning on the devices connected to the bridges?

Message 16 of 28
FURRYe38
Guru

@bensanford wrote:

From above you wrote:

I have a couple of questions to clarify the above recommendation

When turning on router - should router be turned on before the satellites, or does it matter? <Yes, the RBR should be turned ON before the RBS. Once the RBR is ready, then go for turning on the RBS. I prefer one at a time to ensure they get connected to the RBR fully before turning on the next one.  

I have a couple of wired bridges connected to the main router, since I am trying to be hard-wired as much as possible.  Should those be turned on after the router, but before turning on the devices connected to the bridges? <You can turn ON the bridges afterwards or just leave them on. They should auto connect one the RBR or RBS are back online. 

Message 17 of 28
SeaRefractor
Apprentice

V4.6.11.1_2.3.6 has been absolutely solid for me for several weeks now.    Thanks Netgear!

Message 18 of 28
FURRYe38
Guru

Thanks for letting us know. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

@SeaRefractor wrote:

V4.6.11.1_2.3.6 has been absolutely solid for me for several weeks now.    Thanks Netgear!

Message 19 of 28
pumpichank
Luminary

Once again, a new firmware was released and my Orbi's haven't yet auto-updated.  They also show a status of "No New Firmware Available" in both the web interface and iOS app.  Does Netgear just do rolling updates so I should be patient or is there something wrong with my Orbis that prevent them from auto-updating?

I've confirmed and I definitely have auto firmware updates enabled.

I'm currently running V4.6.9.11_2.3.5

Message 20 of 28
CrimpOn
Guru

In my experience, there has always been a time lag between new firmware appearing on the support web site and the Orbi update mechanism offering to install it.  During this period, Early Adopters (read: "fools rush in where...") install the new firmware and often report whether it fixed existing problems or caused new ones.  At some point, the update mechanism will detect and install the new firmware.

Up to you.  Wait. Or, download the firmware and install it manually.

Message 21 of 28
pumpichank
Luminary

Got it, thanks!

Message 22 of 28
FURRYe38
Guru

You can disable FW updates now.

Message 23 of 28
Cyv
Apprentice
Apprentice

Im still on V4.6.7.13_2.1.9, which is stable for me. No Satellites are disconnecting, wifi is stable. Only browsing via IOS is slow af, support says it's iOSs fault, because it checks the security of wifi-passwords (wtf, never heard of it).

Is this firmware now worth an upgrade? Is it stable?

Message 24 of 28
FURRYe38
Guru

Has been much discussion about experiences with this version. Other than the installation of it. It may or may not be seen to users on there systems. And again, NG has made FW auto update controls available to users now.

Hopefully it's been good for users.

If your system is running well, you don't have to update. 

@Cyv wrote:

Im still on V4.6.7.13_2.1.9, which is stable for me. No Satellites are disconnecting, wifi is stable. Only browsing via IOS is slow af, support says it's iOSs fault, because it checks the security of wifi-passwords (wtf, never heard of it).

Is this firmware now worth an upgrade? Is it stable?

Message 25 of 28
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 27 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 13 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7