Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

New - RBR750 / RBS750 Firmware Version 7.2.6.31 Released

FURRYe38
Guru

New - RBR750 / RBS750 Firmware Version 7.2.6.31 Released

Enhancements: 04/10/2023

• Improve the stability between base and satellite connections.
  • Improves satellite firmware upgrade stability.

Security Fixes:

Download Link:

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/rbk752#download

Please navigate to the link below for step-by-step instructions on how to update your RBR750/RBS750:

Manual Firmware Update Procedure 

Be sure to update the RBS FIRST, then the RBR lastly. 

I HIGHLY recommend after the FW is loaded on the system and it's back to ready, power OFF all Orbi units and the ISP modem/ONT for 1 minute. Then back ON with the ISP modem/ONT first, then RBR then RBS.

The best advise we can give people is to start a new config, power on one RBS and wait for some SOLID light or most often blue or magenta. And then add the RBS WIRELESSLY via the WebUI. Power off the RBS. Then rinse and repeat with any additional RBS(s). Pair RBS one at a time even if you have more than one. For ethernet connected RBS, after things come up wirelessly, you can move to wired backhaul but don't start with wired backhaul for those RBS that are ethernet connected. Wirelessly connect and sync RBS first before ethernet connecting RBS. 

NOTE: Orbi app or the routers web page may not report seeing new FW updates. NG may not push this to there auto update services immediately and may activate the newer FW update being seen on there auto update services at a later time. User will have the choice to manually update if you want too.

NOTE: The Disable Auto Update feature only prevents ANY new FW from being installed if available. This does NOT prevent the system from checking NG services to see if new FW is available. If new FW is available, this will be displayed as a notification to the user on the RBRs web page only. It will be up to the user to upgrade FW or not. 

A factory reset maybe needed if problems are encountered after the FW update:

How-do-I-reset-my-Orbi-system-to-factory-default-settings

NOTE: Recommend setting the default DHCP IP address pool range to the following after applying and a factory reset: 192.168.#.100 to 192.168.#.200

This article applies to:

Let us know how it works for you...

Message 1 of 21
EdFerreira
Star

Re: New - RBR750 / RBS750 Firmware Version 7.2.6.31 Released

The rbs download link is wrong.goes to the rbr one

Message 2 of 21
CrimpOn
Guru

Both links can be found on the information page:

https://kb.netgear.com/000066099/RBR750-RBS750-Firmware-Version-7-2-6-31 

Message 3 of 21
Foo42
Aspirant

Betreff: New - RBR750 / RBS750 Firmware Version 7.2.6.31 Released

Interesting that it should fix satellite reliability. I tried two times to upgrade the last firmware (the .21). I carefully followed the upgrade instructions provided here on this forum (satellites first, laptop wired to router, yada yada yada). Both times i had to revert to the latest 4.x release. The 7.x in both cases seemed to work until after about half an hour the problems showed up: lots of devices suddenly lost connection on a regular basis. It wasn’t WiFi, it was a nightmare. Looking forward to try out this new release.

Edit: fixed some typos
Message 4 of 21
FURRYe38
Guru

Please follow the post FW update suggestion and information. Power cycle the system OFF then back ON. Also if problems are seen after this, a factory reset maybe needed to help check for problems.

@Foo42 wrote:
Interesting that it should fix Satellite reliability. I tried two times to upgrade the last firmware (the .21). I carefully followed the upgrade instructions provided here ob this forum(satellites first, laptop wired to router, yadayadayada). Both times i had to revert to the latest 4.x release. The 7.x in both cases seemed to work until after about half an hour the problems showed up: lots of devices suddenly lost connection on a regular basis. It wasn’t WiFi, it was a nightmare. Looking forward to try out this new release.

Message 5 of 21
Foo42
Aspirant

Betreff: New - RBR750 / RBS750 Firmware Version 7.2.6.31 Released

Thank you @FURRYe38, that is exactly what i did the last two tries. I will try again and report back once i found the time to do so.
Message 6 of 21
FURRYe38
Guru

What problems were being observed when you had v.21 on the system? 

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6A STP is recommended. 

How many RBS are deployed? 
What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?

What is the distance between the router 📡 and satellite(s)🛰️? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR 📡 and RBS 🛰️ to begin with depending upon building materials when wired or wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite ‌‌🛰

Does this happen with the RBS turned OFF? 
Does this happen with both wireless and wired devices? 
What channel configurations are currently set on the router?  

Be sure to disable any MAC Address randomizers on phones and pads while at home:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/NETGEAR-Mobile-Applications-and-Apple-Devices-FAQ/td-p/222...

Try disabling the following and see:
Armor, Smart Parental Controls or Circle, Traffic Meter.

@Foo42 wrote:
Thank you @FURRYe38, that is exactly what i did the last two tries. I will try again and report back once i found the time to do so.

Message 7 of 21
jerusm
Aspirant

Just got a push notification on my phone that an update was just installed 7.2.6.31 on my RBR750/AX4200

Never seen a FW update this quickly

Message 8 of 21
FURRYe38
Guru

Good to hear. Save off a new back up config.

Enjoy. 

@jerusm wrote:
Just got a push notification on my phone that an update was just installed 7.2.6.31 on my RBR750/AX4200

Never seen a FW update this quickly

Message 9 of 21
DizzyHarris
Aspirant

Hello,

I purchased the RBK653 from BestBuy a couple of months ago. Oddly enough it comes with x2 RBS350 Satellites and a RBR750 for the router. It doesn't appear that my Satellites support this release version, but my router would. The auto firmware updater doesn't register any new updates for my devices (currently on build V4.6.14.3). Since my build is almost a year and a half old & the router is still receiving major updates I feel like i'm behind.

Should I be manually updating my Router, Satellites, or both to this version? or some other version for that matter? 

Thanks,

Message 10 of 21
FURRYe38
Guru

Please review this post thread for your model Orbi system and post there:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WIFI-6-AX-AND-Wi-Fi-6E-AXE/New-RBK653-Firmware-Version-4-6-14-...

See the NOTES listed there.

Thank you. 

Message 11 of 21
DizzyHarris
Aspirant

Thank you, That answered my question about the updates. Just stinks that I purchased a product that seems to be EOL before I had a chance to take it out of the box. 

Message 12 of 21
FURRYe38
Guru

As a suggestion, one could try and find RBS750 series units to replace the 350 units, then you could update to v7 FW on the system.

Good Luck.

Message 13 of 21
AAHill13
Aspirant

I realize this might be a really basic question, but why is the 7.2.6.31 release a manual update in the first place? Why isn’t it coming through the app when I simply check for a firmware update? Our RBR750 with one RBR750 has been rock-solid for the past 3-4 years. I’m admittedly reluctant to run the manual updates and introduce new problems where there aren’t any already.
Message 14 of 21
jerusm
Aspirant

Mine came through automatically day 1
Message 15 of 21
CrimpOn
Guru

@AAHill13 wrote:
I realize this might be a really basic question, but why is the 7.2.6.31 release a manual update in the first place? Why isn’t it coming through the app when I simply check for a firmware update?

Netgear's firmware update mechanism appears to be a source of great confusion.  (At least it is to me.)

Which firmware version is currently running on the system?

If the current version is at least v7 (not v4), could you please check to see if the setting for Auto Firmware Updates is set to Enable or Disable?

Message 16 of 21
AAHill13
Aspirant

Mine is still on v4.6.14.3 and seems to have been stuck there for a while. I regularly check for updates too.
Message 17 of 21
FURRYe38
Guru

IF the system IS working, then you don't have to update FW. 

FYI, Some systems may not be in the NG auto update system so yours may not see notification of this.

Or since your on older FW, auto update may not push to newest until you manually update. 

Or NG may not push minor versions of FW to users systems. 

Or Auto Update maybe disabled on your system. 

If you choose to manually update, please review this PDF process document prior to starting that:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WIFI-6-AX-AND-Wi-Fi-6E-AXE/Procedure-for-Factory-reset-of-RBS8...

Good Luck.

@AAHill13 wrote:
I realize this might be a really basic question, but why is the 7.2.6.31 release a manual update in the first place? Why isn’t it coming through the app when I simply check for a firmware update? Our RBR750 with one RBR750 has been rock-solid for the past 3-4 years. I’m admittedly reluctant to run the manual updates and introduce new problems where there aren’t any already.

Message 18 of 21
Ajujdeorbiuser
Aspirant

My RBR750 and 2 satellites updated automatically. But the last once failed. Now the power led is blinking red. What to do next? I try rest without any success. Even try connect lan to laptop and still nothing. Please help
Message 19 of 21
FURRYe38
Guru

Lets follow along here:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WIFI-6-AX-AND-Wi-Fi-6E-AXE/Satellite-failed-latest-update/m-p/...

@Ajujdeorbiuser wrote:
My RBR750 and 2 satellites updated automatically. But the last once failed. Now the power led is blinking red. What to do next? I try rest without any success. Even try connect lan to laptop and still nothing. Please help

Message 20 of 21
FURRYe38
Guru

Updated my RBK752 system today to v.31. System was already at v.21. 

I checked for FW updates thru the RBR web page to see if I could use the Update All button however v.31 was not available here so I manually applied the v.31 FW, RBS first, then RBR lastly using MS Edge browser. 

After the sytem was back to ready, I powered off the RBR and RBS for 1 minute then back ON. 

Both web pages were accessible on the RBR and RBS:

RBSWEBUI.pngRBRWEBUI.png

Message 21 of 21
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 20 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7