Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

No devices connecting to satellite

Caseface82
Aspirant

No devices connecting to satellite

For whatever reason the devices connected to WiFi are all trying to connect to the router in the basement instead of the satellites closest to them. Our main TV sits next to a satellite and still connects to basement which is causing slow streaming issues.
I am in our upstairs bedroom sitting next to the 2nd satellite and am having the same issue with my phone. Both satellites show no devices connected.
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: No devices connecting to satellite

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

Try turning down the power output on the RBR, 100% to 50%, Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

The basement is not a recommended location for any wireless router...

Message 2 of 4
Caseface82
Aspirant

Well we do not have a choice as the basement is where the fiber line comes into the house and this is where it’s been for the past three years. We’ve only had issues since upgrading to Orbi.

The firmware is current according to Netgear. V3.2.16.6_1.4.4

We have a Nokia ONT. I have no idea what model it is. It’s brand new from our service provider.

Our home is 2100 sq ft and the satellites are well outside 30 feet apart.

I do not see an Advanced Settings on the app.

I am not tech savvy so most of this doesn’t make sense. But I feel like for $500+ I shouldn’t have this much issue with the product not working properly and getting no support from Netgear.
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Well you don't have to have the wifi router in the basement if the ONT is located there. A longer LAN cable in between the ONT and RBR can help you move the RBR to a main floor. Suggestion here. 

For acces to advanced features, you have to use a PC or laptop and a web browser and navigate to orbilogin.com or 192.168.1.1. 

Model# would be help for ONT...

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7