Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ORBI CBR750 Static Addresses are not static?

PatronBlair
Aspirant

ORBI CBR750 Static Addresses are not static?

My Orbi CBR750 system currently assigns IP addresses automatically. I have assigned Static Addresses to many of my devices.  I allow my grandson, who lives on the other side of the duplex house, to use my WiFi with his XboxOne.  Anytime he gets on, the XboxOne takes an IP Address that is not being used but was assigned as a static address I set up for the printers or TV.  Those units will not work when he is on with the Xbox.  The Epson printer (192.168.1.26) will report that another device is using the address.  I am very familiar with using Static Addresses with EERO, TP-Link and other Modem / Router units. So, I must not be doing it right with the Orbi

Please advise the correct way to set a Static address with the ORBI.     

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: ORBI CBR750 Static Addresses are not static?

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

First off, STATIC means that IP addresses are assigned ON devices them selves. IP Address RESERVATIONS, which I presume you maybe referring too, are set ON the ROUTER(CBR), not on devices. 

I presume you have setup some IP address reservations for these devices ON the CBR itself and ensured these devices are set for Automatic Obtain IP addressing? 

When the xbox is ON, press the front power button and hold until it turns off. 

Power OFF the printer. 

Besure IP address reservations are set for the xbox and printer differently on the CBR. 

Reboot the CBR and wait for ready. 

Then power ON the Printer and make sure it connects and gets the IP address you reserved on the CBR.

Then power ON the xbox and make sure it connects and gets the IP address you reserved on the CBR. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

First off, STATIC means that IP addresses are assigned ON devices them selves. IP Address RESERVATIONS, which I presume you maybe referring too, are set ON the ROUTER(CBR), not on devices. 

I presume you have setup some IP address reservations for these devices ON the CBR itself and ensured these devices are set for Automatic Obtain IP addressing? 

When the xbox is ON, press the front power button and hold until it turns off. 

Power OFF the printer. 

Besure IP address reservations are set for the xbox and printer differently on the CBR. 

Reboot the CBR and wait for ready. 

Then power ON the Printer and make sure it connects and gets the IP address you reserved on the CBR.

Then power ON the xbox and make sure it connects and gets the IP address you reserved on the CBR. 

Message 2 of 5
PatronBlair
Aspirant

Got the latest Firmware that was just release -  Will tried your recommendation.  

Thanks

Blair 

Message 3 of 5
PatronBlair
Aspirant

Re: ORBI CBR750 - Reserve IP Addresses

Tired to Reserve IP Addresses - Nothing works -  Power Down, Devices, the Orbi, Restarted , Refreshed, Unit does nothing - Can Add, Delete, Edit.......  Ziltch.   Sick of screwing around with it.  Will search for Replacements for both CRB750........ Mass & Florida.ORBI CBR750 SUCKS -1.jpgORBI CBR750 Sucks 2.jpg

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: ORBI CBR750 - Reserve IP Addresses

What happens if you set the DHCP IP address pool size to .100 to .200? 

What Broswer are you using? 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7