Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ORBI RBR750 - Selective Connectivity Issue for Iphone 12

mugatu913
Tutor

ORBI RBR750 - Selective Connectivity Issue for Iphone 12

Ive got the ORBI RBR750 and within the last 2 months my iPhone 12 and my wife's iPhone 12 will not connect to the Internet via the main node. All other wireless devices connect to it just fine, and our phones will connect to the satellites just fine. I can connect to the base via the phone to modify router settings via the app, but I cannot access the Internet. Any suggestions? 

iPhone 12 Pro Max iOS 14.8.1 (I'd add an update after i update my iOS)

Security WPA2-Personal

Firmware V4.6.5.14

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: ORBI RBR750 - Selective Connectivity Issue for Iphone 12

What channels are you using? Auto? Try Auto and 48 on 5Ghz. Or try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.

Try enabling WMM and set CTS to 2347. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What channels are you using? Auto? Try Auto and 48 on 5Ghz. Or try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.

Try enabling WMM and set CTS to 2347. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Message 2 of 6
mugatu913
Tutor

Thans for your help!

I already had Auto/48 for 2.4/5Ghz and I didn't mess with the channels.

WMM was already enabled, but the 5Ghz CTS was a low number. I set it to 2347 as you recommended and Internet on my iPhone appears to be working now.

You rock. Have a Merry Christmas!

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

Message 4 of 6
mugatu913
Tutor

OK, it looked like it was working but now its not working again. It seems like when the iPhone is connected to the main router, the Internet is still getting throttled to 1Mbps/s. When I connect via a satellite, it will run at 750 Mbps. I think I'm still having the problem.

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Are you sure the phone IS connected to the RBR and not the RBS? 

Turn OFF the RBS. Check the speed again with the phone about 10 feet from the RBR. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7