Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ORBI RBS840 - 2.4 Ghz devices have lost connection

SharpShot
Aspirant

ORBI RBS840 - 2.4 Ghz devices have lost connection

All of my 2.4Ghz devices have lost their connection. SimpliSafe, August lock, Honeywell thermostat and liter robot. I cannot get any of them to reconnect.

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
SharpShot
Aspirant

Re: ORBI RBS840 - 2.4 Ghz devices have lost connection

Answers inline below

Do other devices connect to the Orbi system ok? Phone and Pads, etc? Literally all 5Ghz devices connect fine. Only issue is with every 2.4 Ghz device.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz. 2.4 is on auto will switch to one of the suggestions. 5Ghz is on 48
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many? Only 2 houses close enough but only one network I can see.

I switched the channel for 2.4Ghz from Auto to one of the options suggested and now the devices all connect. Thank you for the help FURRYe38! Greatly appreciated!

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and router been performed since last update?
Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:
Turn off and unplug modem.
Turn off router and computers.
Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on computers and rest of network.

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6 is recommended. 
How many RBS are deployed? 
What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?

What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)?

Contact the mfr of those devices for support help and information regarding there products.

Message 2 of 6
SharpShot
Aspirant

Furrye38 thank you for your reply!

I have done the network restart procedure previously with no effect. The rest of the answers are inline.

What Firmware version is currently loaded? V4.6.14.3_2.3.12
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too? I have a personal Netgear CM2000
Be sure you're using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6 is recommended. Yes CAT6
How many RBS are deployed? 3
What is the size of your home? Sq Ft? 3300 SqFt on 2 levels

What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)?No more then 30 feet. however all of these devices have worked for 2 years in there current location.

Contact the mfr of those devices for support help and information regarding their products. Normally this would be my first step but all 4 devices stop working at the same time? Unlikely the devices are the issue.

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Do other devices connect to the Orbi system ok? Phone and Pads, etc? 

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

I would try turning OFF the system again and this time, don't turn ON the RBS. Just the RBR. Need to see if any of those devices connect to the RBR alone. 

For that size of home, the RBR and just 1 RBS would be good. Two, I'd turn down the power on the RBR to 50%. 

Other option would be to factory reset and setup from scratch using same SSID name and PW and see if these devices connect. 

Message 4 of 6
SharpShot
Aspirant

Answers inline below

Do other devices connect to the Orbi system ok? Phone and Pads, etc? Literally all 5Ghz devices connect fine. Only issue is with every 2.4 Ghz device.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz. 2.4 is on auto will switch to one of the suggestions. 5Ghz is on 48
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many? Only 2 houses close enough but only one network I can see.

I switched the channel for 2.4Ghz from Auto to one of the options suggested and now the devices all connect. Thank you for the help FURRYe38! Greatly appreciated!

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Sounds like a channel was auto selected that the devices didn't like.

Glad you got it working. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7