Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ORBI - new connected device reported as Chromebook is a Windows PC

IdahoJoe
Aspirant

ORBI - new connected device reported as Chromebook is a Windows PC

My wife just received a new HP Elitebook PC for work, running Windows 10, and it connected just fine to our ORBI network, however when I went into the app to rename the device as her work PC, it shows up as a Google Chromebook (verified the IP's matched). My Chromebook was off, so I started it up and connected to the network to confirm it wasn't my Chromebook, so I'm not sure how it is determining the OS, but something is off. Since I could rename the device in the ORBI app, it's not critical, but thought I'd mention in case someone else noticed the same behavior and aware of a fix?

ORBI AX4200 WiFi Mesh System (RBK753) - Router + 2 Satelites

Mostly 5gHz devices (max WiFi speed 866mbps)

AX - disabled

Only issue we've had so far is our Samsung TV recently stopped connecting to the router after 8 months of rock solid performance. Ended up moving one of the Satelites closer to the TV and using the eithernet cable provided, and we are back in business.

Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: ORBI - new connected device reported as Chromebook is a Windows PC

Does it appear as a chromebook on the RBRs web page? 

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

Message 2 of 5
IdahoJoe
Aspirant

It did, only said "Chromebook" there, unlike the app that showed "Google Chromebook", however after searching for a way to rename on the router (like the old check boxes on R7000) I got frustrated and clicked on the device name and it opened a window to change. Would have been nice to flag that field somehow, underline, or color to show it was clickable. Anyway, this minor annoyance should be fixed as long as the name stays with the MAC address.

Love my ORBI so far, and with two of us working from home our network has to be stable!

Message 3 of 5
IdahoJoe
Aspirant

Sorry, got so excited I forgot to check the router's firmware:

Firmware Version: V4.6.3.7_2.0.49

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok, probably something misinterpreted. 

Hope you enjoy. Smiley Wink