Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ORBI960 on Starlink

Macktruck24
Aspirant

ORBI960 on Starlink

Sad day today. I have Orbi 960 in 2 of my locations. I spent 3 days between NETGEAR and starlink trying to get them to work. They just don’t work together. I bought Eeros just to test and it worked in 5 minutes. I love NETGEAR but this one hurts. I have hours on the phone with NETGEAR and starlink if you would like feedback.
Message 1 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru
Macktruck24
Aspirant

Re: ORBI960 on Starlink

Yes - the starlink person that helped tested it.  It brought up one web page then shut down.

Message 3 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

What do you mean by shut down?

Others seem to have been able to get theres going. 

Not sure why yours wouldn't. 
What was the brand and model # of the switch being used.

What was the CAT# of the LAN cable used in between the RBR and switch and modem? CAT6A STP is recommended. 

Theres been lot of issues with Starlink. Seems to be related to there services and how they connect with some external wifi systems. 

Message 4 of 7
Macktruck24
Aspirant

It would not open another web page.  Just said internet connection not available.  I had a netgear level 2 support person on the phone, and after 3 hours he said I need to work with Starlink.

Message 5 of 7
Macktruck24
Aspirant

I just emailed the starlink person for switch they tested.  She is very interested to help figure this out.  I will post when she replies.

Yes - Cat 6a 

Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok. Ya, seems like StarLink is the issue here. Orbi works with other ISP configurations. StarLink needs to check there stuff. 

Did you happen to try AP mode on the Orbi?

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7