Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Obi, tmobile and att booster help

melissahartman
Aspirant

Obi, tmobile and att booster help

HELLO EVERYONE:

Need some help.. i hope i can express everything and it will make sense..

i have an orbi nbk752 and 2x nbk750 sat's, also tmobile 5g gateway sagesmcom and att cell booster.. i know i know they don't match matter of speaking..

but up until 2 days ago my att cell booster was connected to my netgear switch on the switch my 2 sat's are wired and my att cell booster was connected  in the wan part and then into my netgear switch and that being is i have more wired then ports available.. for the last 2 months since june 29th 2023 my cell booster was working great along with my tmobile gateway wired and connected to my orbi router and everything was fantastic not once complant till 2 days ago when my booster stopped working and so i contacted att and they troubleshooted with me and since it was under warranty they sent me a refurbished one and doing the same thing that my other one did 2 nights ago and that is stopped working power light was white and blinking internet light blinking orange and the rest off now att said it's a possible firewall from tmobile and that i need reset the configuration well tmobile doesn't let you.

so today i was told by tmobile that 2 nights ago when they did a firmware update and tower crap that i can not use my att cell booster anymore it's conviently uncompatable within the last 2 days. now i told them i have been using the tmobile and cell booster together with my orbi since june 29th and now all of sudden i can't use my att cell booster, it's crap they are just ignorant so now i get all the negative stuff going on with tmobile and their customer service and issues.

your asking why do i have different equipment well my orbi i got back in may and wanted it for a sim card but that turned out to be aweful connection issues, then att cell booster i have had for years and we need it for our cell phones to give us full bars due to where we live, and due to my elderly mother who needs to be able to call in and out.. now we have tried using wifi calling but that has been a bust we don't give calls to ring and then we don't get vm for hours after the fact wifi calling is nothing but shameful..

the tmobile 5g UC Sagemcom gateway has been amazing till 2 days ago.. now tmobile gateway is connect by ethernet to my orbi router and back when i got the tmobile gateway i got help here to put it in access mode and i did and then when i got on the other day 2 days exact to see if something in the back end was wrong and it was set for router and then i set it back to access point and then everything was all messed up not working and then i was missing orbi app tiles ext: parent control, security and a few other and in access mode you can not do very much with the back end or the tiles in the orbi app..

now tmobile told me that i can hide my tmobile gateway which i did so it all has to go through the orbi and it all is for the exception off the att cell booster.. PLEASE HELP

so it's been set at router and the tmobile gateway is still wired to the orbi, but not working and power button flashing white and still the internet flashing orange and the rest nothing.

now i have enclosed alot of photos to give a view on what i see and what i have tried to do and conversations..

can someone please help me to get my att cell tower working again it's very important that we get it working and activated which i can't seem to get due to the not able to get internet to it.. i am so frustrated.. 

also i have pid for the security armour and in my orbi app it's telling me that it's about to expire but i paid for a year at the end of may when i purchased it so how do i get that fixed..

well apparently i can not include pictures this is nothing but a nightmare.. but i can share all i have to see if one of you can help..

Message 1 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and router been performed since last update?
Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:
Turn off and unplug modem.
Turn off router and computers.
Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on computers and rest of network.

Your ISP Modem already has a built in router and wifi. This would be a double NAT (two router) condition which isn't recommended. This would be a double NAT condition which isn't recommended. https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT
https://kb.netgear.com/30187/How-to-fix-issues-with-Double-NAT
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge or modem only mode. Then use the NG router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ/ExposedHost or IP Pass-Through for the IP address the NG router gets from the modem. https://kb.netgear.com/25891/DMZ-on-NETGEAR-routers
https://kb.netgear.com/24086/How-do-I-set-up-a-default-DMZ-server-on-my-Nighthawk-router
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the NG router to the modem, LAN to LAN configure AP mode on the NG router.
https://kb.netgear.com/20927/How-do-I-change-my-NETGEAR-router-to-AP-mode
Try option #2 first...

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6 is recommended. 

I also have a ATT Cell Booster as well, the new generation one. No issues, however I don't use same ISP gateway. 

Message 2 of 9
melissahartman
Aspirant

thank you for this information now hopefully i can accomplish everything you said i tech okay but seems complicated however i am willing to try.

what do you same isp gateway? 

so should i change the orbi back to ap mode? the only problem with that is i can't use all the function that the orbi has in the app and in the backend... 

which firmware would you like to know orbi? tmobile?  att booster? 

unfourtantly can not change anything on the tmobile sagemcom gateway.. unless there is a work around... i don't think i can change the the "transparent mode" if it's in the tmobile gateway, from what i have looked up tmobile says you can not change any of the gateway information

i do have 6 for the ethernet cables

I am goinna check out all of these links right now and watch/read and see

thank you so much so far.. 

Melissa 

Message 3 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

My gateway is a NG CAX80 currently. My Orbi is in AP mode since my CAX80 is in router mode with it's wifi disabled. 

If you have your gateway in router mode, you can use the Orbi in router mode, just put the IP address the RBR gets from the ISP gateway in to the gateways DMZ. If you can find this on the ISP gateway or ask the ISP to help you with this. 

Or give AP mode a try with the Orbi connected to the ISP gateway in router mode. 

As for the cell booster, if your ISP gateway is going to be the main gateway and router, connect the cell phone booster directly to the ISP gateway so it has a more direct connection to the internet here. 

Message 4 of 9
melissahartman
Aspirant

now my tmobile gateway I have hidden and everything goes through the orbi router now does that help eliminate the double nat and if not then should i put into ap mode the orbi?

Message 5 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

So the gateway is in modem only mode or bridge mode?

Message 6 of 9
Phyber
Luminary

I'll let others speak to the Netgear/routing issues. As to the Cell Booster (which is actually a femtocell and not a cellular booster).....

Did you set it up according to the instructions? See Otto Pylot's AT&T Cell Booster Technical Guide in the AT&T Cell Booster Forum.

The Cell Booster needs to connected directly to the router. The yellow LAN port on the Cell Booster to the LAN port of the router.

I'm assuming that you have an AT&T post paid cellular account and not just T-Mobile as your cellular service.

Once that AT&T Forums are back online (they are down for maintenance) I'd post any Cell Booster questions to the AT&T Cell Booster Forum. I'll see it and respond accordingly.

BTW, the Cell Booster is LTE only so make sure your phones are set to LTE.

Message 7 of 9
melissahartman
Aspirant

Yes i know that the cell booster is only LTE I have tried so many things including googling and trying to change stuff in my orbi system..

tmobile blocked my att cell booster or femcell and now i have missed so many calls and vm on my cell phone and now also we will get vm hours if not a day or so later  the att device we had full bars on our cell and ipads and not once did i miss a call or vm tmobile is blaming att and att is blaming tmobile. But the conversations i have with tforce in messenger they even stated to me that they basically disable my cell booster or fermcell 

i have asked them why and they said to fill in the gaps.. my mother is in the rehab place and if i miss a call from them if anything was to happen boy i will be highly peed off.

why would it work great for 2 month since i got my tmobile gateway and then poof they disable it.. is there anything i can do i have tried everything

Melissa 

Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Something you'll need to discuss the the cell phone provider service. 

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7