Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Or I AX6000 Tri-band mesh WiFi 6 router RBR850. Keeps losing the connection to the satellite Orbi.

Towny
Aspirant

Or I AX6000 Tri-band mesh WiFi 6 router RBR850. Keeps losing the connection to the satellite Orbi.

I live in an old granary where the walls are very thick, and so I purchased a Orbi RBR850 with two satellites, which seem to work at first, but now all seems to keep disconnecting from the satellites. This is a particular problem because I have to use Wi-Fi calling for phone calls as well as all my Internet access.

I don’t know what firmware it is on or how to find out. Unless it updates itself, it would be the original that it came with.

Thanks

Peter 

Message 1 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Or I AX6000 Tri-band mesh WiFi 6 router RBR850. Keeps losing the connection to the satellite Or

How do you manage the system? (web browser or Orbi 'app'?

Both display the current firmware version.

Do the satellite reconnect automatically, or do you have to restart the system?

Message 2 of 6
Towny
Aspirant

Re: Or I AX6000 Tri-band mesh WiFi 6 router RBR850. Keeps losing the connection to the satellite Or

Hi

i have looked on the app and it says the Firmware version is V4.6.14.3, also tried a update and it says it is up to date. It tense to rectify itself, but on occasions, I have to reset the whole system. 

I have done a back to factory settings and a reboot. 

Thanks

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

v7 is most current. Some may not see this in the Auto Updater so you'll need to manually update the RBS first then RBR lastly"

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WIFI-6-AX-AND-Wi-Fi-6E-AXE/New-RBR850-RBS850-Firmware-Version-...

Message 4 of 6
Towny
Aspirant

Hi 

Thanks for the advice on how to update to V7 which I have done today, and I’ll see if that resolves my issue over the next few days.

Thanks for your help

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

👍

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7