Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi 752 753 Ax4200 DNS errors finally fixed, 404 errors, Page can not be displayed errors

Spoongooner
Guide

Orbi 752 753 Ax4200 DNS errors finally fixed, 404 errors, Page can not be displayed errors

For the last year all the new Orbis sytems I installed had major issues with DNS..Page cant be displayed..404 errors

they worked mostly fine on COX, but on smaller point to point providers,, I was getting lots of DUAL NAT issues,,and had to run then in access point mode behind a REAL router that actually worked...  ( will think long and hard before I sell another Netgear Product to anybody..)

i just updated the firmware on the 752,   or 753 from Costco...  AX4200.. with firmware V4.6.3.7_2.0.49

and they finally work

you have to manually download the update from netgear support.

and manually install to each satellite one at a time...  then do router last..

thank you Netgear for finally fixing this mess...  I sold over 100 Orbi systems before this was a known issue and have been stuck for the last year doing patches and buying a 2nd non NETGEAR router to put in front of the ORBI's.

I work in multi million dollar homes, that often needed 4,5,6 or more satellites..

so we are talking about 1,000 invested per client i set up...  only to find out after return policy expires.. that they have a major bug with DNS timing out...   

I would have swapped them out for another brand.. but havent found anything much better..

Ubiquity is always out of stock,, most store brands where horrible with MESH.. I think the Orbis have the best radios and mesh .. but had this horrible BUG for over 1 year.. SHAME on NETGEAR support for wasting all my time trying to fix my clients sytems because you release BUGGY firmware...

Hopefully the update fixes your Orbi to... if not I had really good luck putting Orbi in AP MODE and using a real router from anyone other than NETGEAR 

you can find the firmware updates here.. they are to NEW for Orbi to auto install... you need to manually install them

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/RBK752.aspx#download

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi 752 753 Ax4200 DNS errors finally fixed, 404 errors, Page can not be displayed errors

Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. 
Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy.

@Spoongooner wrote:

For the last year all the new Orbis sytems I installed had major issues with DNS..Page cant be displayed..404 errors

they worked mostly fine on COX, but on smaller point to point providers,, I was getting lots of DUAL NAT issues,,and had to run then in access point mode behind a REAL router that actually worked...  ( will think long and hard before I sell another Netgear Product to anybody..)

i just updated the firmware on the 752,   or 753 from Costco...  AX4200.. with firmware V4.6.3.7_2.0.49

and they finally work

thank you Netgear for finally fixing this mess...  I sold over 100 Orbi systems before this was a known issue and have been stuck for the last year doing patches and buying a 2nd non NETGEAR router to put in front of the ORBI's.

I work in multi million dollar homes, that often needed 4,5,6 or more satellites..

so we are talking about 1,000 invested per client i set up...  only to find out after return policy expires.. that they have a major bug with DNS timing out...   

I would have swapped them out for another brand.. but havent found anything much better..

Ubiquity is always out of stock,, most store brands where horrible with MESH.. I think the Orbis have the best radios and mesh .. but had this horrible BUG for over 1 year.. SHAME on NETGEAR support for wasting all my time trying to fix my clients sytems because you release BUGGY firmware...

Hopefully the update fixes your Orbi to... if not I had really good luck putting Orbi in AP MODE and using a real router from anyone other than NETGEAR 

you can find the firmware updates here.. they are to NEW for Orbi to auto install... you need to manually install them

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi 752 753 Ax4200 DNS errors finally fixed, 404 errors, Page can not be displayed errors

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi AX (WiFi 6) products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi AX and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Thank you

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. 
Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy.

@Spoongooner wrote:

and they finally work

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7