Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi (760 and likely others) satellites with ethernet backhaul do not sync guest network settings

cleishm
Aspirant

Orbi (760 and likely others) satellites with ethernet backhaul do not sync guest network settings

New owner and user of Orbi router and satellites (760 series).

I just encountered and diagnosed an issue with guest network settings not updating correctly around my network - a change to the guest SSID was not being broadcast by a subset of my satellites. I used NetSpot wifi analyzer to confirm this.

After much fiddling around, including some factory resets, I realized that allowing the satellites to connect via a wireless backhaul resolved the issue. Once resolved, I could reconnect the ethernet and return to a wired backhaul.

I suspect this is a bug, and I have seen other posts suggesting satellites do not broadcast the guest network. I have determined that this is definitely related to them being on an ethernet backhaul, and resolved by (temporarily) using a wireless one.

A bit disappointed that such a bug exists, and makes me concerned as to what else is inadvertently disabled when on a wired backhaul.

Message 1 of 5
iyang
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Orbi (760 and likely others) satellites with ethernet backhaul do not sync guest network setting

Hi @cleishm ,

What's firmware do you use ?

How many satellite do you use ?

Thanks

Message 2 of 5
cleishm
Aspirant

Re: Orbi (760 and likely others) satellites with ethernet backhaul do not sync guest network setting

Whatever the latest firmware is (updating was part of my debugging effort), and 3 satellites.

Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Is there a specific FW version? 

Message 4 of 5
cleishm
Aspirant

V6.3.6.4_1.2.68

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7